Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi morning tide 6:32 am.. yawn.. that's early... and a 6:38PM .. that's already dark..

Viz appox less than 10'. Closer to the bridge and under it dropped to more like 5. And chilly. Wore a 5 mil wilh a 3 mil hooded vest and 3 mil gloves. I heard dod not check it was 76 drgrees

I had 10' milky and 75F. Bit of surge in the shallows and the wind was catching my dive flag.

All in all a good dive, pics to come soon.

Thanks for the info. It will be my family's first dive there.. Was going to Foster park since dive boats were operating out of there but never knew of the bridge dive until a couple of years ago. This is our first shot at it...

For any trolls concerned about whether they will be able to park at the Bridge today or this weekend, Jim Abernethy Scuba Adventures has a new van you may have noticed--which will be shuttling divers or trolls from their NEW shop across from the Lake Park Marina, over to the Bridge---they will pick you up when ever you like....The Van is a 15 passenger Van, wrapped with a huge Tiger Shark on one side, a big Hammerhead on the other, and a Turtle on the back :)

The new Shop is having it's Grand Opening today.....Free air fills, Free Nitrox, Free Food and Drinks....Get the free air when you park your car, take the shuttle to the BHB...and then when they take you back to your car later( when you indicate), enjoy the free food and festive atmosphere....they even have a little coffee shop/social area for divers to hang around comfortable in--built right into the shop.

Calypso Scuba Center Grand Opening Party on Black Friday Nov 29 2013!! Come join us and get great deals on air fill cards and Nitrox fill cards, 50% off on scuba lessons. Free Food and free air fills All Weekend!!!. Nitrox fills for $4.00!!! & 50% Off on selected gear and 20% off on ALL Wetsuits! Nov. 29, 2013 - Dec. 2 2013. Come Join the Party!!!

I am reading this correctly? Two new dive shops open with a couple of blocks of each other? With Force E, Pura Vida, Brownies and Divers Direct already there...

Here are some shots from this afternoon:

jpeg_sb_1_of_11_.jpg jpeg_sb_2_of_11_.jpg jpeg_sb_10_of_11_.jpg jpeg_sb_9_of_11_.jpg jpeg_sb_8_of_11_.jpg

jpeg_sb_7_of_11_.jpg jpeg_sb_3_of_11_.jpg jpeg_sb_4_of_11_.jpg jpeg_sb_5_of_11_.jpg

I am reading this correctly? Two new dive shops open with a couple of blocks of each other? With Force E, Pura Vida, Brownies and Divers Direct already there...
Jim Abernethy's is literally next to the Marina..the others are miles away ( and Brownies does not really cater to divers..they cater to the yacht crowd).
The fact that JASA has a Van and shuttle service is pretty noteworthy--at least to my way of thinking. The Free air and free Nitrox and free food is bound to make someone happy this weekend :)

Finally got around to finishing a few pics, I considered worth posting.

My first encounters with a Polkadot Batfish and a Striped Burrfish ...

PICT0078cfr.jpgPICT0105ar.jpgPICT0106acr.jpgPICT0112ar.jpg

Second time around, Wed last week, nice vis(about 1 1/2hrs after HT).

PICT0151abbr.jpgPICT0153abr.jpgPICT0154abr.jpg

The Lookdown and Yellow Stingray I shot that same day, on the Westside, a couple of hours later. Perfect day at the bridge ...

PICT0177ar.jpgPICT0179aar.jpgPICT0182rb1r.jpgPICT0184aber.jpgPICT0187rbb1r.jpg

Love the lookdowns! Nice photos. Thanks for sharing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom