Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm heading down to the keys this Thursday. I plan to leave early enough to stay overnight somewhere near Blue Heron Bridge. Looks like high tide is 10:30am, so the timing would be right for a Friday dive. Got all my gear including a dive flag. I'll even have a kayak-if needed. Anyone diving on Friday?

:cheers:
Steve

For us locals, that's a long ways away! LOL.. Somebody probably is. :wink:

So, it's not Blue Heron, but does anyone dive around Lake Worth Bridge? I'm only asking because the is a Fairfield Marriott beside the bridge. If I stay there, I can dive from the hotel's parking lot. It seems like there may be remains from an old bridge that may attract some fishies.

Steve

So, it's not Blue Heron, but does anyone dive around Lake Worth Bridge? I'm only asking because the is a Fairfield Marriott beside the bridge. If I stay there, I can dive from the hotel's parking lot. It seems like there may be remains from an old bridge that may attract some fishies.

Steve

what Bridge? Where in Lake Worth?

Just know that once you go a mile north or south of any inlet in South Fl, the vis goes to hell--all brown water from tannins and pollutants.
We dive in the clear and relatively clean water that get's pushed in by the ocean at high tide...but the clean and clear portion does not move that far north or south....Boynton Inlet has a small divable area just inside the inlet....I have heard Boca does also...and that Jupiter does....None have the structure or charicteristics of the BHB though...it is very unique among inlets in Florida.

Any vis reports from todays bridge dives???
All the rain and rough seas make it iffy....
Thanks.
John

what Bridge? Where in Lake Worth?

Just know that once you go a mile north or south of any inlet in South Fl, the vis goes to hell--all brown water from tannins and pollutants.
We dive in the clear and relatively clean water that get's pushed in by the ocean at high tide...but the clean and clear portion does not move that far north or south....Boynton Inlet has a small divable area just inside the inlet....I have heard Boca does also...and that Jupiter does....None have the structure or charicteristics of the BHB though...it is very unique among inlets in Florida.

Lake Worth Bridge...the bridge over the intercostal on 802. Looks like it is fairly far from the inlet (10 miles or so) so I guess that's a no-go. I could get a cheap rate at the Hilton/Singer Island, so I'll be near Blue Heron.

Lake Worth Bridge...the bridge over the intercostal on 802. Looks like it is fairly far from the inlet (10 miles or so) so I guess that's a no-go. I could get a cheap rate at the Hilton/Singer Island, so I'll be near Blue Heron.
The area you are discussing off of Southern ( 802), has a parking area and beach....and people do Kayak from there....diving would be 1 foot vis on a good day.

You are likely to find staying at the Singer Island Hilton convenient and close to the Phil Foster park. Perhaps arrive early, visit dive shops near the BHB, rent your tank or get whatever you need and try being in the water just before high tide. Dive shops are going to ask for your c-card. I generally try to be in the water and starting a dive 30 minutes before high tide. You may find various suggestion on how much time before high tide to get in; however, the key is not to miss the clean water inflow. While there is no guarantee on how much visibility you may find, it's key to be in the water during high tide. As far as the kayak, if this is your first visit....you may want to consider keeping tasks within a reasonable orbit of control and enjoy your dive without worrying about other stuff.

Ended up with a reservation at the Homewood Suites nearby on I-95. The Singer Hilton had a 48 hour cancellation policy, and I don't want to commit since I'm driving almost 1,000 miles on Thursday. Anyway, I'll have all my gear including tanks/weights, a couple wetsuits, and a drysuit. What do people tend to wear? I was planning on the drysuit since I'll be driving down to Key Largo as soon as I get out of the water (I don't plan on putting the kayak together either). Are there any dive shops within a few blocks of the bridge?

Force E on Blue Heron Blvd a few blocks west of the bridge and Pura Vida behind the Chevron station a block east of the bridge. Plus several more on US 1 north of Blue Heron Blvd...........

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom