Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
good chance I'll be there saturday for a pokey marathon dive. I know I should try shooting wide with the vis but will probably stick with the 105.

Where will you be this weekend Jenny?
Possibly considering making the drive down.
If I can find a dependable buddy.
Your SOB
Brew
Hey SOB!!!!!
Sorry, got plans on Saturday and Sunday.. well.. let me think this.. IF you were coming down, I might be able to squeeze a quickie out on Saturday.... Boat dive on Sunday for me...

Oh, wait.. you wanted a dependable buddy.. sheesh.. you are so demanding! :rofl3:

---------- Post added December 6th, 2013 at 01:03 PM ----------

Vis yesterday was fantastic
1478969_10151801733953531_665044201_n.jpg

Really though the reality was it was fantastic till the silt stirrers showed up. OMG didn't know 2 divers could cause such a silt storm! At one time vis dropped to 10ft in seconds. I look up and can't even see the divers the silt storm is so bad! And it didn't happen just once! There were a couple groups on the east side who were determined to stir up the bottom as much as they could. They did a fantastic job. :mad:

On a good note, I did find some nudi love going on...
936047_10151801733213531_5956094_n.jpg
I came back later, shot a couple more photos and learned there were eggs!
1471281_10151801733188531_1435407529_n.jpg

And a curious planehead triggerfish hung out with me for a while.
1424577_10151801734203531_758187035_n.jpg

Have there been any hairy/striated frogfish around the bridge, or any other frogfish?

Have there been any hairy/striated frogfish around the bridge, or any other frogfish?
I'm sorry you probably won't find the answer here. Unless you have been posting in here a while or are known as "friend" to others here (and they are willing to vouch for you), we don't give that information out.
Too many lurkers are collectors and posting intel on the specifics of critters has often resulted in them disappearing a short time later.
Sorry I can't be of more help.
OTOH, I have not seen any frog fish since this past summer.

That urchin looks like a variation of the Magnificent Urchin that has been seen a few times.. nice find. I bet the photo does not do it justic..

In at about 11 this morning, and ...

PICT0229ar.jpgPICT0232ar.jpgPICT0246ar.jpgPICT0247a.jpgPICT0260ar.jpgPICT0261ar.jpg

The Octo might have been the same little fella, jet126 shot earlier(missing an arm) ... First time in 4 years, that I got a Scrawled Filefish that size in front of my cam. Didn't mind me hangin' around, either.

Could use some input on staying warm. Checked out the Lavacore short-sleeve(hood/no hood??) as an addition to my 3/2. Any thoughts?

Last edited:
In at about 11 this morning, and ...

View attachment 172744View attachment 172745View attachment 172746View attachment 172747View attachment 172748View attachment 172749

The Octo might have been the same little fella, jet126 shot earlier(missing an arm) ... First time in 4 years, that I got a Scrawled Filefish that size in front of my cam. Didn't mind me hangin' around, either.

Could use some input on staying warm. Checked out the Lavacore short-sleeve(hood/no hood??) as an addition to my 3/2. Any thoughts?

Get a dry suit....

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom