Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still, got some great critters. Will be posting pics later this week. I am loving the combo of easy still and video shooting with my new camera, even got some decent macro video of a purple pipefish, a blenny, a red scorpionfish, and an orange beauty that we will need help identifying.
Don't hold out, let's see that pipefish!

Now I'm nervous, I can't get 138 min out of a 80, I'm more like 60 min.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Don't be nervous, silly. When was the last time you dove in max 15 ft of water? You'll be surprised by how long you can make an 80 last ...

It isn't the time you get out of a tank that's important, its the fun! So just look forward to a great dive. IMO one of the best shallow dives on the east coast.

Looks like a J invasion tomorrow at BHB! See ya'll there!

Don't worry at all. When I started, I was constantly adjusting my bouyancy to stay off the bottom and not kick silt (that is critical here) and such, and only got about 80 minutes. Now with everything dialed in I don't waste nearly as much air.

On an 80 cf tank, you should be able to get 60-80 mins, which is the time vis is at its peak. It is the macro hunters that need longer, examining each patch of weed, etc. If you want more time, Force E rents steel 100s for about $5.00 more than a standard tank (20.00) for the steel. Yesterday the tank had 3800!!! Way to go Force E!!

Nice video of the rays. And a batfish and sea robin. Great day!

How did you find a time to dive without the dozens of other divers around? My wife and I were (I think) the last ones out at around 1:30. We said hi to two people just going in, was that you? Or were you diving earler? We had the long hose rigs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom