Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love it!!! Awesome!

Great dive today. Surprised Jim went west, I was west too and didn't see anybody. A true solo dive. I put the vis closer to 30-35ft. Set the flag down a few times and swam away. I guestimatted my distance at more than 30ft on multiple occassions.

As I and others posted, the vis did not suck. Sweet surprise. A bazillion octopi, a seahorse, frogfish, batfish, pipefish, parrotfish, pike blennies.. oh my, lots of stuff to look at.

Some pics from last night dive:D

Attachments

• Image 6.jpg
    Image 6.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 74
  • Image 7.jpg
    Image 7.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 69
  • Image 8.jpg
    Image 8.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 62
  • Image 9.jpg
    Image 9.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 67
  • Image 10.jpg
    Image 10.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 57
  • Image 11.jpg
    Image 11.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 68
To a bristleworm, we are Godzilla! So the flying bristleworms were the sacrificial WW1 biplane fighter aircraft! They had no chance! They used their best weapons on you Chenzilla!
That was King Kong with the biplanes. :D

MrChen, didn't your Parents teach you to keep your hands to yourself when diving? :D

Love it!!! Awesome!

Great dive today. Surprised Jim went west, I was west too and didn't see anybody. A true solo dive. I put the vis closer to 30-35ft. Set the flag down a few times and swam away. I guestimatted my distance at more than 30ft on multiple occassions.

As I and others posted, the vis did not suck. Sweet surprise. A bazillion octopi, a seahorse, frogfish, batfish, pipefish, parrotfish, pike blennies.. oh my, lots of stuff to look at.

Mike and I saw you Jenny, we were maybe 15 feet away early in the dive for a minute or two--ya looked busy, so we went a little south and east then westerly--going tomorrow again--must prep camera..........

We saw only 1 additional diver out by the west wall.

Local marine forecast for today is less than ideal, so I'm about to zip north to BHB. Diving solo, but always happy to say "hi", share critter spotting duties, and of course lie about our lives and tell tall tales. As per usual, I'll be working out of the back of one of the very few white Subaru Forresters in South Florida. Dive safely y'all, but before I can do that, I've got to drive safely on one of my least favorite corridors, Rt. 95.

Just remember, 95 is the suggested speed limit, not the name of the highway. :rofl3:

Have a great dive. Wish I could go...

Hi Jim, This is Ed T. from Melbourne Beach. Been diving the BHB several times since my first dive with you and your wife. Could you give me some advice on a good camera for a beginner? Thanks, Ed

Hi Jim, This is Ed T. from Melbourne Beach. Been diving the BHB several times since my first dive with you and your wife. Could you give me some advice on a good camera for a beginner? Thanks, Ed
If I may, the Sealife brand makes good intro cameras, and are capable enough to serve you well for many years. They're a little more, but when you factor in the costs of a camera and housing, their features make them highly competitive. I'd recommend one with an external flash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom