Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dove the west side again today. I literally had it all to myself. I'm diving there tomorrow so I'd like to lie and say there was no viz again but actually it has improved a lot. It was about 30 feet and not nearly as much suspended alge. Water was 79 and I was quite comfy in my 5 mil for the whole hour and 48 minutes. :cool2:
Gurnards, batfish, sharptail eels were everywhere.
Oh and a bunch of plumed scorpionfish.
Blue Heron Bridge Plumed Scorpionfish.jpg
Hey I'm on zipper detail tomorrow!!! :D :eyebrow: :D

Things are looking up! We might be there Saturday.

I generally won't dive the bridge weekends...too much rap music and too many divers as well.

But I do look forward to zipper detail whenever possible...what can I say? I'm a giver. :HHGTTG:

Rainy forecast for tomorrow. Should keep the park empty but not the necessarily keep away the divers!

Given the forecast, we decided to catch a night dive with Pura Vida tonight. Tonight is supposed to be the calmest weather anyway and Maribi has been itching for a reef night dive.

Nothing spectacular today but some interesting compositions. I was comfy in my 5mm. I even took off my beanie half way through the dive. Water temp 79, viz 20 ft but got milky towards the end. Wacky current ... I kept getting confused and off track. Scubajim says "consider the source." Thanks for the zip up, btw!

I could've dropped a tennis ball down that mantis hole.

mantis.jpg crabjelly.jpg octo1.jpg

I just love helping the navigationally challenged zip up...it makes my day.
I must agree with Jet the current was wonky...but the water was warm and it was a fun dive.
I saw a lovely Alantic Longarm Octopus,the smallest yellow stingray I have ever seen, it couldn't have been 4 inches nose to tail and lots of Mangrove Upsidedown Jellys
Blue Heron Bridge Longarm Octopus swimming.jpg Blue Heron Bridge Longarm.jpg Blue Heron Bridge Yellow Stingray.jpg Blue Heron Bridge Mangrove Upsidedown Jelly.jpg
This will have to last me for awhile because I'll be at DEMA next week....feeling too dry already. :confined:

I generally won't dive the bridge weekends...too much rap music and too many divers as well.

But I do look forward to zipper detail whenever possible...what can I say? I'm a giver. :HHGTTG:

It's the parking that's a bitch on weekends unless the tide is really early or really late.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom