Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still no vis offshore anywhere which means no vis at the BHB either. We will keep you posted as soon as we see any noticeable change to the area. The swell should be dying off this weekend. Hopefully a north current will return about the same time. Fingers crossed we get some decent vis soon.

Anyone else going to try tomorrow or did anyone go today?

---------- Post added November 23rd, 2012 at 12:22 PM ----------

We're also planning a night dive at the BHB on Tuesday the 27th assuming the visibility improves. Check out our event on Facebook and let us know if you'd like to attend. It's free! Blue Heron Bridge Night Dive | Facebook

Anyone else going to try tomorrow or did anyone go today?

I stopped in at Force E this morning and they told me a snorkeler had dropped in this morning and said he couldn't see 5". That was before the tide change, but the water coming into the inlet is murky also, and offshore is still really bad. They suggested waiting a few days and then checking again.

I guess it's time to get things done around the house!

I stopped in at Force E this morning and they told me a snorkeler had dropped in this morning and said he couldn't see 5". That was before the tide change, but the water coming into the inlet is murky also, and offshore is still really bad. They suggested waiting a few days and then checking again.

I guess it's time to get things done around the house!

So how come nobody has decided to take a flight over the intracoastal yet? If all the BHB divers are apathetic to construction projects that could be shirking their responsibilities to prevent silting, would we not DESERVE to lose the resource?

So how come nobody has decided to take a flight over the intracoastal yet? If all the BHB divers are apathetic to construction projects that could be shirking their responsibilities to prevent silting, would we not DESERVE to lose the resource?

Since you're the one who feels it's needed so bad, why don't you do the flyover. I thought you would have done it by now.

Hmmmm. Sounds like a voice from my past.

"So THIS is why we can't have nice things...."

Seriously, I absolutely applaud your zeal, but it there any room to dial the intense drama of it all down a couple of clicks?

Maybe some of us don't have an extra couple hundred laying around to charter a flight to view the silt plumes...or maybe we're with our families for the holiday and out of town.

Thanks Pura Vida. Most likely going to do a boat dive down south on Tuesday, however if I can get things in order I may be open to a night dive as well. I was at the bridge yesterday to check it out, a few divers attempted it but the vis was horrible.

Thanks for posting. Some dive operators are posting 80-100 FT vis. I need the truth.

Still no vis offshore anywhere which means no vis at the BHB either. We will keep you posted as soon as we see any noticeable change to the area. The swell should be dying off this weekend. Hopefully a north current will return about the same time. Fingers crossed we get some decent vis soon.

---------- Post added November 23rd, 2012 at 12:22 PM ----------

We're also planning a night dive at the BHB on Tuesday the 27th assuming the visibility improves. Check out our event on Facebook and let us know if you'd like to attend. It's free! Blue Heron Bridge Night Dive | Facebook

Thanks for posting. Some dive operators are posting 80-100 FT vis. I need the truth.

Down south (Pompano to possibly you) they are experiencing great viz off shore from what I've heard. Its more West Palm Beach - Jupiter that is plagued with poor viz at the moment I believe.

I cant do it till next week.

In case anyone wants to go flying, the height suggested is 4000 to 5000 feet up. I have also heard there is a dredge near the riviera beach marina, so this would be a primary target to photograph or video from altitude.

Not to worry, most work around the area has been taking a break for the holiday. You can check that with Carman Vare, I know you have known him for years so try also to get his name right. It's not Carmen Vaire as you write it. I'm sure he would appreciate the courtesy.

I wonder who told you 4,000 to 5,000 feet is the suggested altitude? That would actually be to high to get good video. Unfortunately air traffic control at Palm Beach International controls the air space over the Lake Worth Lagoon from the surface to 4,000 ft. General aviation at altitudes less then 4,000 ft. are directed to fly further east over the beach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom