Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got to see a Star Gazer grab a fish and dive back under the sand,

That is *so* cool! Wonder how many times *that's* ever been seen in the wild. . .

Were u on the east side? That is where we usually see the horseshoe crabs.

tdd: as an FYI, I dove the night dive earlier in the month and the west side had a significant number of horseshoe crabs as well and that's not the 1st time I've seen them on west side night dives. I think they are all over the area.

We were on the west side. Last time we saw more on the East side than I saw last night, but they seem to be everywhere.

---------- Post added November 29th, 2012 at 12:30 PM ----------

That is *so* cool! Wonder how many times *that's* ever been seen in the wild. . .

It was cool. It was the first Stargazer I've seen. But I wish my GoPro had been on at the time. It happened so fast it's a good think I wasn't blinking at the time!

Last edited:
Any vis reports?

Took a ride over to the bridge this afternoon after stopping in at the dive shop. It was incoming tide probably
a couple hours before high tide. There appeared to be half way decent viz although a greenish cast to the water.
I could see the bottom from fishing pier at the first couple pilings which is maybe 8-10 foot depths but as I walked
down the fishing pier the bottom disappeared in the 10-12 foot depths. I have a reg to check out so I may give it a go
tomorrow.

My gf will be doing a dive there today, to try out a travel wing she is thinking of changing to. She is hoping the viz at BHB is improving, as this will be her first chance to see the site.

Thinking of a dive tomorrow, please keep the vis reports coming. Hoping things are improving and the wind does not stir things up too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom