Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ended 2012 and started 2013 the way I like it. BHB never ceases to amaze me.

Here's a few shots from my little Canon SD790.

large.jpg 148114969.jpg148114972.jpg148114966.jpg148114978.jpg148114983.jpg148115996.jpg

We had temps of 76 yesterday and 77 today. Vis was 20-30 on the 31st and 30-40 today. Once you got near a crowd of students the vis went to complete sh it. We had the honor of diving with a friend who has not dove in 40 yrs today. After a while he got his boyancy on and was looking great by the end of the day.

Nice to meet you Jeff. I hope your day got better.

I am going to be diving Blue Heron Bridge middle of Feb. Other than the water being so warm, is there anything that we need to be aware off. I was told that Phil Foster Park would the entry point?

I am going to be diving Blue Heron Bridge middle of Feb. Other than the water being so warm, is there anything that we need to be aware off. I was told that Phil Foster Park would the entry point?
First, dont count on the water feeling warm.....it could easily be 70 degree then.
Plan on stopping at either Pura Vida Dive Shop ( on Singer Island about 300 yards further north on the road you would take over the Blue Heron Bridge to Phil foster Park( at immediate bottom left of bridge for entering--you then drive West to park)....Or, to Force E, which is on Blue Heron Blvd, about 600 yards West of ( before you get to the Bridge if coming from I 95).
Both of these shops are experts in all things related to diving the BHB and any needs pertaining to it. Make sure you know the time for high tide, and are there an hour early or more ( one example :) )

You can get air at either, rent a dive flag from either, etc.
You wont want nitrox for diving less than 20 feet deep.

First, dont count on the water feeling warm.....it could easily be 70 degree then.
Plan on stopping at either Pura Vida Dive Shop ( on Singer Island about 300 yards further north on the road you would take over the Blue Heron Bridge to Phil foster Park( at immediate bottom left of bridge for entering--you then drive West to park)....Or, to Force E, which is on Blue Heron Blvd, about 600 yards West of ( before you get to the Bridge if coming from I 95).
Both of these shops are experts in all things related to diving the BHB and any needs pertaining to it. Make sure you know the time for high tide, and are there an hour early or more ( one example :) )

You can get air at either, rent a dive flag from either, etc.
You wont want nitrox for diving less than 20 feet deep.

Thank you for the info. I will be sure to reach out to Pura Vida upon my arrival. Is there a web site for the tides? How far is the swim from Phil Foster park to the bridge?
I went diving yesterday in 37 degree water. 70 degree water is warm for us cold water divers.

Thank you for the info. I will be sure to reach out to Pura Vida upon my arrival. Is there a web site for the tides? How far is the swim from Phil Foster park to the bridge?
I went diving yesterday in 37 degree water. 70 degree water is warm for us cold water divers.

For tides, I use this site: PORT OF WEST PALM BEACH 8722588 Tidal Data Daily View Just plug in the proper date you plan to dive.

This site has some good information though some of the links are outdated. Keep in mind that BHB is a slack hight tide only dive most of the time (e.g. 60 minutes before and after high tide) Blue Heron Bridge

There is very little swimming involved in getting to the bridge spans: from the west side entry, you can be under the west span in 15 seconds and from the east side entry, you can be under the east span in a minute or two. There are some pretty cool spots in the sand area south of the beach as well. Just stay out of the boat channels and drag a dive flag. Go very slow and you'll enjoy the dive: go fast and you'll miss a lot of stuff.

Hi all,

Thinking about coming down and diving 1-18/19/20th. Looks like high tide is noonish. If anyone is interested in buddying with me, send me a pm (mntlblok? hint hint!)

I am pretty much interested in Macro photography, and would happily buddy with someone that knows some of the special spots!

I would also be interested in Datura Ave, as well as night dives in either spot.

Anyone else see that MANTA RAY today?

Was it swimming with the whale shark?

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom