Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You stink! ;-)

Dive tonight (3.23/ sat.) had limited visibility (10-20ft), winds/strong current, but water was warm (77) and the bottom dwellers were out ‘n about. Bob I saw your little friend again; seemed to have matured a bit but no offspring yet. Favorites today were the eyed flounder, long-spined sea biscuit that scurried across the substrate before burying itself in the sand (had no idea they could move that quickly!), spotted scorpionfish, and pleasantly plump sea cucumber.
PICT0141.jpgPICT0167.jpgPICT0170.jpgPICT0184.jpgPICT0190.jpgPICT0211.jpg

Hope someone finds it for you!

LOST: Integrated weight pocket with about 5 lbs. Somewhere on West side towards first span going towards fishing bridge & back to playground area :-(

With 5 pounds it should stay put for a while I would think. Were you south of the big bridge around the first span heading back toward the beach ?
Hope to dive thursday or friday will keep a watch out for it !

The spotter and I decided to throw caution to the wind (winds?) and go for the dusk dive on Sunday.
Figured it would be a short one but were still surprized how gnarly it was condition wise. Looked to be 2-4 ft seas in the inlet with milky vis.
We had some parking lot drama as they chased a suspect to the waterline where he threw something into the water, after his arrest the parking lot was mostly shut down by police and FWC making us glad we were already we in position. We watched them snorkel around without success while waiting on the tide.
I also had a nice chat with Ari as she was leaving from her 3 hour pre-slack dive so got the most up to date nudie intell even if I can't follow all the proper names!
Would say vis was roughly 5 feet and milky, temp 73 F, current light.
We are always fascinated to see the seasonal change in behavior and which critters are in ascendency month to month
(regardless of conditions).
Last night brought mating dragonettes, free swimming stargazers, mating octos (octos everywhere actually) and lots of dondice nudies.
Even a lone pike blenny plus all the usual suspects.
And yes, bristleworms are back> didn't think about it till someone mentioned it here.
No striated froggies were discovered but that is for the next trip. Maybe Kevin will help look:D
Missed a large black sea hare feeding as I struggled with a pea sized spongebob in dark green-brown, he really wouldn't hold still and seemed to absorb light.... DOF hell!
Also ran across a colorful tounge fish fully exposed just hanging out near a large jawfish full to bursting with well developed eggs.
I waited quite a while hoping I might catch some "mouth brood eggs hatching" video but need to be content with some good "churning" sequences...
Out of town for Easter so really wanted to get at least one dive in this weekend!
Finished the dive to a nice solid rain and drove home happy we saw more great critter interaction.
Will post some pics later.
See you out there.:perv:
John

Last edited:
In case you didn't see the post in Shows & Events, this one is for all the Bridge Trolls and Troll-wanna-bes

[h=2]Florida's Blue Heron Bridge Revisited[/h]A followup to our popular BHB fishinar we did last year. Lureen Ferretti is a bridge-a-holic and will show you some of the cooler fish that can be found under the bridge.
Instructor: Lureen Ferretti
Tuesday, April 16th at 8pm EDT - Register

• CHECK YOUR TIME ZONE! This class starts at 8pm East Coast time. Your time zone may vary.
  • Although the Fishinars are free, you must register for each session you'd like to attend.
  • If you are not already a member, you'll need to Join REEF to be able to register (it's free).
  • Once you register for the webinar, you will receive a confirmation email with details on how to log on.
  • Please log on at least 5-10 min prior to your session start time if possible.

Does Reenbean even know where the fish are located? I don't think she is even certified for diving anyway. I know she can plan the crap out of project (you go girl)... But, fishinarianism...? (JK)
April 16, Reen? Is there a discount for people who know you? :p

Found During Monday Night's Force-E's Night Dive

A relatively new dive light was found on the West Side during Monday night's Force-E dive. It could have been lost Monday, or some time over the weekend. If you lost your light, PM me with a description, and we'll see if we can get you back together. :girl:

Linda I

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom