Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks MrChen, I will take a look!

A quick google search revealed this page and has a local govt contact at the bottom. It might be worth contacting them. I'm sure they'd love the promotion and the potential tourism it could bring to the area. It also mentions the new artificial reef system they put in last year.

Artificial Reef Construction to Begin at Phil Foster Park ? Blue Heron Bridge- Diving Still Open | Florida Dive Connection

Be sure to come back and provide a link to your article after it's written.

---------- Post added June 18th, 2013 at 03:07 PM ----------

Another govt link. Has the years the park was opened at the bottom. Phil Foster Park

I sent an email to register (no one answered the phone), anyone else going?

---------- Post added June 17th, 2013 at 05:07 PM ----------

I just got confirmation from my dive buddy, he won't be making it this friday. So I'm looking for a dive buddy for Friday night.

So no one going or willing to meet up tomorrow night? I dove with JellyFishJoy last time and we had a good dive. Anyways, if someone doesn't mind me tagging along with their group or if someone else could use a buddy, send me a PM.

Plan B = Dive with the DM, either way I'm getting wet!

awesome dive tonight. saw at least two dozen pipefish, no exaggeration! batfish, octos, SH's, garden eels, jawfish, pike blennies, sea robin etc. saw a fighting conch escape the death grips of a cushion star.

vis was around 20ft until the tide changed then it got murky. I guess temp was around 80 but we never looked because we were comfortable. Planning on going again sat morning

---------- Post added June 20th, 2013 at 09:58 PM ----------

Oh yeah, it was my 50th BHB dive!

Congrats on #50 at the bridge. You are a troll!

Nice sunrise dive this morning. Hermit Crab joined me. What a delight. Vis was blue 30ft until the tide change. Then it dropped a little bit but was green.

Congrats on #50 at the bridge. You are a troll!

Nice sunrise dive this morning. Hermit Crab joined me. What a delight. Vis was blue 30ft until the tide change. Then it dropped a little bit but was green.

Ditto what Jenn said. Happy First Day of Summer! I was in such a rush to get to work I forgot to check temp. But I didn't start feeling chilly until 2+ hours in my 3mm full w/ 3mm vest. And even then was never uncomfortable. I'm guessing maybe low 80's?

Big find of the day: a Smooth Butterfly Ray. "Rare" in SoFL, according to the book. But then again we were at the bridge ... I'll post pics tomorrow.

I was very comfy in my 2 piece 3mm, and I get am usually the first to get cold.

For those that are carrying nets.. 2 smallish lionfish on the snorkel trail all the way east, just north of the blue sailboat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom