Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure, jellyfishjoy! Still looking for the dwarfs though.. I shall find them some day..

On another note. It seems like the tide changed really fast today. We got in fairly early and had some pretty good current. By the time we got over to the bridge it was still moving pretty good. Under and on to the other side, finally slack high. Then it seems like only minutes later and the water is going the other way already.. and the current seemed to pick up pretty quick. Anybody else notice similar?

I noticed that on Saturday night as well. The current was going pretty well and seemed to only have slack tide dor a minim amount of time, then vis went to 5 feet tide picked up quick and I got out.

Sure, jellyfishjoy! Still looking for the dwarfs though.. I shall find them some day..

On another note. It seems like the tide changed really fast today. We got in fairly early and had some pretty good current. By the time we got over to the bridge it was still moving pretty good. Under and on to the other side, finally slack high. Then it seems like only minutes later and the water is going the other way already.. and the current seemed to pick up pretty quick. Anybody else notice similar?

I noticed that on Saturday night as well. The current was going pretty well and seemed to only have slack tide dor a minim amount of time, then vis went to 5 feet tide picked up quick and I got out.

So after you and I chatted in Force E.....would this Saturday night dive have been worth it for Video?

Hello, I'm posting a buddy's pics from night dive (with permission per djcheburashka) in the hopes that someone would help me ID theses shrimp, they were burrowing into the sand by the dozens. Also, this is the octopus I was calling common, he was calling Carribean. Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• M0015890.jpg
    M0015890.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 102
  • M0015886 - Version 2.jpg
    M0015886 - Version 2.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 91
  • M0015884 - Version 2.jpg
    M0015884 - Version 2.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 104
  • M0015867 - Version 2.jpg
    M0015867 - Version 2.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 95

Kelly and I passed on the Sat night dive based on some poor vis reports but made it Sat morning.
We got in about 715 am and it was still moving fairly well but as soon as I was knee deep I spotted a family of juvenile file fish clinging to a tiny piece of sargassum that was flying westward along shore. It made for some challenging video I will try to post soon. Vis was (IMHO) about 10 feet and murky at the begining and that dropped rapidly with the tide change. It was 79 degrees on the west side and we did a full 3 hour dive,
No dwarf or hairy frogs located but still a great time.
Found a young jawfish (not sure if dusky but it had lots of blue, lips and body marking) without a hole and watched it start a burrow.
Octos galore, a very flashy bandtail robin and some cool nudies.
Pretty typical bridge dive, always something new.
John

Saw that school of juvis on Thursday. Interesting and cool!

Hello, I'm posting a buddy's pics from night dive (with permission per djcheburashka) in the hopes that someone would help me ID theses shrimp, they were burrowing into the sand by the dozens. Also, this is the octopus I was calling common, he was calling Carribean. Thanks for your help!

first 3 are Velvet Shrimp. octopus is a Common Octopus

...which made for a nice cool drift back to the entry point...the temperature dropped too. Nice diving with you folks yesterday...

Jenny officially prevented a big guy in a new wing setup who was busy fiddling with his buoyancy from swimming right over a seahorse that was in the open...

thank you!

But that next one was pretty upset to be found. It must of had it's photo taken way too many times. As soon as it saw the camera it turned away. Too many flashes in the face..

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom