Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure how that requires an ambulance ride. Wonder if she ingested some water or panicked and shot up?

I'm sure she does have them to thank.

What did you see there? What first caught your attention, and how close were you?

A woman pulled up by the west bridge north of the fishing bridge flat on her back with sheriffs and the DM working on her. I never saw her move or breathe. Thought she was dead and I backed off to let them do there thing. I saw a woman smile and I went over and talked to her. She is the one who told me what I posted.

---------- Post added May 18th, 2014 at 04:27 PM ----------

I believe they probably pulled her up the sea wall

I was under the west bridge about 10 minutes before the medics arrived and the current was ripping. I was almost in front of life guard tower when help arrived and i didnt see the victim at all. Viz was pretty good water was about 80 but current was strong at that time.

Unexpected visit

Got a surprised chance to dive the bridge on Saturday the 17th as daughter and son-in-law picked me up on the way to get some bidness done on Friday in Fort Lauderdale. On the way back, they snorkeled as I dove the west side. Couldn't have picked a better day to introduce snorkelers to the bridge. Great viz and lots of critters out and performing. Saw at least six pikeblennies and tried the mirror with several. Only one took the bait. Took me a while to figger out that my new mirror has a couple of smaller mirrors on the back. Wondered why he kept spending so much time around back. :D

IMG_2827a mirror gape.jpg

A little flounder photobombed my escargot-eating little boxy.

IMG_3329a boxy flounder.jpg

This particular octo looked like he might be up to something, so I switched to video and caught a little behavior. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ktfkk3OduU0&feature=youtube_gdata

IMG_3314a up to something.jpg

This little boxy had bilateral orange colorations. Hadn't seen that on a rough one.

IMG_3308a orange on a rough boxy.jpg

Goldspot goby, I believe.

IMG_3290a goldspot.jpg

Seminole goby pair posed nicely for portraits.

IMG_3213a.jpg

Daughter, Kelly, fell in love with this unusually friendly porcupinefish.

IMG_3205a Kelly.jpg

Some kind of mantis. Also ran across a couple of ciliated false squillae.

IMG_3177a mantis.jpg

Is that two pairs of octo eyes??

IMG_3110a pair.jpg

Son-in-law, Tony, found this guy out of his hole and called me over in time for me to catch him hurrying home.

IMG_3103a returning.jpg

Saw a couple of baby, yellow pearly razorfish in an area where pearlies often hang out.

IMG_3051a little yellow pearly.jpg

A searobin no more than an inch long.

IMG_3012a one inch robin.jpgIMG_2996a one inch robin.jpg

A leopard searobin only a couple of inches long.

IMG_3334a little leopard.jpg

More at the Flickr site.

Attachments

• IMG_3303a orange paint on rough boxy.jpg
    IMG_3303a orange paint on rough boxy.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 211
Welcome back Kevin. Glad you brought two bodyguards with you...
I like that mirror trick, must've learned that from some cool guy:D

Last edited:
Welcome back Kevin. Glad you brought two bodygaurds with you...
I like that mirror trick, must've learned that from some cool guy:D

Thank you, and yes, I did. Finally broke down and added the mirror to my armamentarium when Ross Robertson told me that I needed to set one up near the various jawfishes endemic to the bridge to get them out for full body shots. Didn't work at all for the first one I tried it with. . .

Also dove LBTS the day before with them snorkeling above. They were real troopers as they did it without fins on that dive. :D Saw a surprisingly large number of cool things on that dive, too, but remembered that I'm not worth a flip at getting good photographs when the surge is great. They were blown away with what they could see on both outings. May have a new diver, soon. The daughter was certified at age 12. They're both "mariners".

There's a chance I'll make it back down later this week. I know the Brass Ring gets some ink here, but I get a big kick out of the live music at that Tiki Bar at the marina a little south of the bridge, across from Peanut Island.

Hey guys, I've gotten the tides mailing list to work for two weeks now, and I've gotten some good feedback about improvements, and I think it's ready for a bit more real life use. My question is, what day would you like to receive an email with tides? Too early in the week and work seems depressing, too late in the week and for sure someone has talked you into plans other than diving-what's the perfect day?

I'm working out bugs with the conditions reporting too, if you want to throw your details in there to help me catch more bugs, that is helpful too!

www.divebhb.com

There's a chance I'll make it back down later this week. I know the Brass Ring gets some ink here, but I get a big kick out of the live music at that Tiki Bar at the marina a little south of the bridge, across from Peanut Island.

We go there as well and like the music, outdoor ambiance, and the food is pretty good. I've been once now to Two Drunken Goats over on the island in the shopping/restaurant area near Pura Vida dive shop--great California burger and they had good music when we were there in the evening. All this is behind the Pure gas station............That said, we went to Brass Ring today and the burgers were waaay good! Fish Dip is great too!

Very comfortable dive today, none of us got cold--temp 81 in the water on 3 computers with very good viz of 35 ft. Over under the east bridge, I saw one of the Sheepshead eat a small urchin--when I realized what was going on it was too late to get a pic. If you should see one of'em rooting around--be ready! We saw 2 large decorator crabs all done up in red sponge too-also under the east bridge. Out in the sand well south, I also saw the tinyest decorator ever! :cool2:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom