Blue Heron Bridge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Can you park along the bridge, or do they ticket ya?

They will ticket you. They made the bridge "no parking" about a year ago. That sure stinks... plus.. the beach by the bridge is also part of the park... so, that's off limits, too...

I'm tempted to launch my yak at night and paddle to the bridge.

Al

My last dive at Blue Heron Bridge was a night dive in February and we parked on the street. High tide was around 8 p.m., so it was already dark. Did not get a ticket and was not told we could not dive at night. Then again, we dove the east end, so we weren't in the "park" per se.

I dove this site 10 - 15 times last year and always parked on the street, never once got a ticket. In fact, I have talked to several PBSO deputies and Riviera Beach Police Officers who have told me it's ok to park on the street, as long as it's not on the bridge. I usually park as close to the cross walk as possible.

My last dive at Blue Heron Bridge was a night dive in February and we parked on the street. High tide was around 8 p.m., so it was already dark. Did not get a ticket and was not told we could not dive at night. Then again, we dove the east end, so we weren't in the "park" per se.

I dove this site 10 - 15 times last year and always parked on the street, never once got a ticket. In fact, I have talked to several PBSO deputies and Riviera Beach Police Officers who have told me it's ok to park on the street, as long as it's not on the bridge. I usually park as close to the cross walk as possible.

Are you parking on the street east of the short span? We used to park right on the short span of the bridge, but that has become a new income (parking tickets) source for Palm Beach County.

Al

Faris427 and I dove Blue Heron Bridge last night. High tide was around 7:30. We dove the East bridge the first 40 minutes and the West bridge for about 35 minutes.
139373603_o.jpg

139374031_o.jpg

139374015_o.jpg

139373999_o.jpg

139373988_o.jpg

139373969_o.jpg

139373640_o.jpg

Reef Haven, since this is a topic of this thread, and I'm interested, where did you park at? I really want to do a night dive at the bridge!

We took our boat and dove Breakers reef earlier in the day. So, we were parked with the boat trailers. They were quite a few other divers parked in the regular park. I spoke with a life guard about night diving, he said as long as you enter the water before dusk, it's not a problem. We left the park at 9:00PM and there were still a few people in the regular park parking. As we left the park I did notice a couple vehicles parked on the street East of the bridge as well.

Sounds like they're letting people dive. Last time I talked to the park ranger, he had a real chip on his shoulder about it. He wanted everyone out of the water before sunset, and he was complaining because a lot of divers just ignored him.

Wow, talk about reviving an old thread... The last post before yours was June, 2008

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom