Blue Hole from Caye Caulker 25-29 July? Go with Ambergris dive shop?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rossyl

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi,

I haven't been able to find any dive shops on Caye Caulker who will be able to take my girlfriend and I to the Blue Hole. Most dive shops there seem to operate those trips on a demand basis, and two people doesn't seem to be enough.

For that reason I thought maybe we should book with a dive shop based in Ambergris as they tend to have more people going.

Does anyone have any recommendations.

Thanks,
R

The dive shops that take CC guests to the Blue Hole include Big Fish (on CC), Frenchies' (also on CC) and AquaDives (on AC). It may be that Amigos del Mar on AC also stop at CC when required, but I don't know that for sure. Ecologic Divers, also on AC, run occasional trips to the Blue Hole and they might also be prepared to take guests from CC.

So I would approach AquaDives, Amigos and Ecologic directly to see what their policies now are. In any case, even if a shop is prepared to run these trips a specific trip is usually only confirmed the day before it departs. Exceptionally they may get enough advance bookings and payments to confirm a trip earlier than that, though even then it's weather and seat state dependent.

I think your most likely option is AquaDives, who routinely take bookings on CC. You should have no difficulty tracking these operators down using Google, but if you need further help post back here. I live on AC.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom