Blue Lagoon...has anyone been lately?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was actually just this weekend (saturday and sunday.) for my check outs! YEAHH! im certifieed! ! ! ! visibility was ~15 feet. water temps at 73. didnt even wear a wetsuit :) although it seemed like a cold front was moving in last night when we crawled out of the water.

some of the other groups were kicking up mud from the bottom everywhere sunday. visibility dropped half at least. and they were doing search and rescue classes. some instructors had bad manners, were running lines from place to place with no consideration of other divers.

I would worry about the compact car GETTING TO the lagoon. . . driving across the single lane bridge with a nissan altima all i heard was rocks grinding =\ if ur taking a compact, you'll know when u get there. haha

Congrats on your certification and I hope you get a lot of use out of it!

With regard to lines being run from different locations: what considerations would you or anyone else require? Unless it is spaghetti all over the place, I've never had a problem avoiding lines when others are in training or practicing reel / line handling.

As for compact cars getting to the lagoon.. What bridge are you talking about?

its a narrow one lane bridge about half a mile from BL's gate coming in from I-45. there's a Catepillar bulldozer parked near the bridge.

Pinedale Road is in the process of being redone. It will eventually be a nice two lane road paved from 1-45 to FM 247. Right now they are working on the bridge that crosses Hadley Creek between I-45 and our front gate, and yes there is a single lane bridge in place while they are building the new one.

As far as lines being tied. I will have to say that I don't think they are a problem.

Just go over them or under them when they are being used. Its all part of diving.

Thanks to all who come out and enjoy the lagoon. We worked really hard on the platforms this weekend and I think weve got them all repaired. Never hesitate to contact me directly with any comments.

Thanks,

Phil
The Blue Lagoon - Huntsville, Texas
936-438-8888

thanks phil,

until then i'll bring a shovel and pave the road myself :D :D :D i think it was your wife that dealt with us(hugh's group) this weekend and she was wonderful and helpful. we'll definitely be out there again soon! my gf and i are also avid geocachers and planned on doing the cache at blue lagoon, but our phone died :(

I was assisting with the Rescue class out there this past weekend, and it definitely was silty. Not all our fault though! It was pretty hazy when we arrived Saturday, and we didn't go into throwing all the silt around at the two farside platforms between nude, hot and gorilla until 3pm or so Sunday. There were tons of divers out there this weekend though! We had an instructor drop down his basic group on the wooden boat while we were in the middle of a rescue scenario on it. Interesting looks to say the least!

When did you see the lines? I don't remember seeing any, but know on Saturday and Sunday afternoon we had a buddy team using a reel in an attempt to find lost gear for about 30 minutes each day. Maybe that was it? I'm sure they didn't intend to get in the way, just the visibility was bad enough it required line to cover a wide area

Congrats on your certification! I hope our loud rescue screams didn't disturb you too much!

ya i think that was the reel we saw on saturday afternnoon. it was alright. and yup at one point someone was going help help and i guess yalls divemaster was like i cant hear you! buh we were fully across the lake going yes we can!!!! lol

The girls voices definitely seem to carry haha! We were a tad overzealous at first!

thanks phil,

until then i'll bring a shovel and pave the road myself :D :D :D i think it was your wife that dealt with us(hugh's group) this weekend and she was wonderful and helpful. we'll definitely be out there again soon! my gf and i are also avid geocachers and planned on doing the cache at blue lagoon, but our phone died :(

My wife and I are doing our OW dives there this weekend. Hopefully we'll snag that cache as well. We cache with the same user name I use here, "Lefty Writer." We're looking forward to completing our OW training here, and caching a little in the evenings when we're done.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom