Blue Lagoon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nallts

Reaction score
Anyone been to Blue Lagoon latly and know what the water temp. is? My daughter and I will be going to the pumpkin carving contest Sat. and since she dosn't have a wet suit was wondering what the temp. will be.

The Blue Lagoon

The spring-fed, sparkling blue waters of The Blue Lagoon provide a tropical experience in a not-so-tropical place. Located near Huntsville amid the towering pines of East Texas, The Blue Lagoon's lack of vegetation and fish are perhaps the only factors missing from a true Caribbean experience - besides piña coladas and reggae bands, that is. The only species to observe is the dragonfly nymph, which looks and acts like shrimp.

Divers can enjoy night navigation, practice underwater photography and explore sunken boats and an airplane in one of its two limestone quarries. Ten underwater platforms, which help reduce disturbance of the silty bottom, make The Blue Lagoon one of the most popular training facilities in Texas. The Blue Lagoon is open daily April through September, and on weekends during other months. Hours vary, so call ahead.

* Depth: 15 - 35 feet
* Visibility: 5 - 60 feet
* Temperature: 55 - 90 degrees
* Fees/Admission: $15/diver, $5/non-diver, $4 air fills, cash only
* Outfitter: Full-service dive shop on site, (936) 291-6111
* Helpful Hint: The Blue Lagoon is crowded on weekends, so go during the week for better diving and increased visibility.

Hi there Nallts,

The lagoon was 77F last Sunday. You can give them a ring in the morning if you want to double check the temps 936.291.6111 If your daughter gets cold easy, maybe it would be a good idea to rent her a wetsuit tomorrow before you go.

My name is Maria and we will be there as well, it will be nice to meet you and your daughter.

cheers,

Back
Top Bottom