Blue Magic Scuba Trip Review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ManBearPig

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Did my research for my last CZM trip here, so wanted to add my trip advisor review so it can potentially help others:
Normally dive in FL or NC but was looking for something different. Stumbled upon Blue Magic and quickly determined that we could dive there for cheaper than we could in our normal dive locations of S FL or NC. There was a group of 8 of us and it worked out to around $350 a person to include 5 days of lodging and 3 days of diving. Blue Magic set everything up for us!

The hotel we stayed at was the Hotel Plaza Cozumel which was perfect for us. It was VERY clean and comfortable, and was all we needed. The Breakfast was great, and the pool deck on the roof was great to hang out at to recap the day. The best thing for me is that the hotel was close to everything. Just about anything we needed, the dive shop, a convenience store, restaurants, etc, were all within 2 blocks.

The dives were great, and BMS seemed very on point with figuring out what level the divers were at and what was within their comfort level. The boats were super fast with big motors such that I don't think another boat ever passed us. That said they have a very narrow beam, so they are pretty tender and getting gear on required the crews help, which they were happy to provide. Oh another thing is that once your gear is on the boat, they take care of rinsing the gear and drying it overnight. No hotel rooms full of dank gear here!

We are talking about a slightly shorter trip this summer, and will definitely book the dives and lodging with BMS. If the trips offered don't fit your exact needs, shoot them an email. They will make you the perfect package, all you have to do is ask!

Hope you got to dive with Pumba, he's awesome. Yuval and Santos ran a great shop. Some of the best service I've ever had from any dive operation. Another plus about BM is The bakery on the corner for breakfast, ( Zermatt) Burrito Gordito or King Burrito next door for lunch when you return. We dive with a different op now for different reasons, but diving with BM was like diving with friends or family. Great operation!! +1 on the review

Jay

Great to hear you had a good time. Any idea what all tank sizes they offered? Anything besides the standard 80 cf AL tank? I see 100 cf tanks offered under rental gear on their website.

Richard.

Standard is al80's but al100's are $10 more. We dove with them February 2015.

Are 100 als actually 100cf when filled to 3000 psi?

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

In December 2016 I dove with two different companies. I switched to AL100s. In order to get more bottom time. I rented 12 100CF tanks. The average fill was 2940CF. The lightest was 2800CF the largest was 3170. I recently booked a two week May trip. I contacted the companies I dove with in December to book dives. I told them I wanted 100CF tanks but wanted them filled to capacity both told me the local company that fills tanks will not fill AL100s with more than 3000CF of air.

I cancelled with one company and booked with Aldora in order to dive with a larger tank (steel 120). The second week I will be diving with friends so will have to use the light weight AL100s.

I don't mind paying extra for the 100s but I do believe I should get what I'm paying for.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom