Blue Springs August 4th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Actually, the kelp forests off Anacapa just have me too spoiled right now for quarries. :D

Divin'Hoosier:
Actually, the kelp forests off Anacapa just have me too spoiled right now for quarries. :D

Shut up Jim!! :D

Sorry can't dive this weekend.

crpntr133:
Shut up Jim!! :D

Sorry can't dive this weekend.
:ignore:

Hhmmmm, where is BS? What are the temps like? I know that I could look this up on a previous post, but it's easier this way:D . Not going to Chicago the weekend, so, might see if I can line up a sitter.

BS is in Waldron IN. South and east of Indy.

scuba2sue:
Hhmmmm, where is BS? What are the temps like? I know that I could look this up on a previous post, but it's easier this way:D . Not going to Chicago the weekend, so, might see if I can line up a sitter.

It's not too far from Shelbyville, in Waldron, IN. I live close to the airport, and in good traffic, it takes me about 45 minutes to get there.

I haven't been to BS this summer... but, at this time last year, the surface temps were about 82. There's usually a thermocline around 22/23 feet, and last year the temp was about 70 under the 1st thermocline. The bottom (55ish feet) is likely to be mid 40s to 50 degrees. Most of the good stuff is 30 feet or shallower. In fact, last year, I never even went to the bottom. (But I dove a 3mm suit too. :wink:) On Saturday, I'm gonna wear my 5mil suit.

What's to look at? Well, let's see.... the armored car, dentist chair, snowmobile, computer desk/computer, suburban, a few boats, the cabin cruiser (on the bottom), the trapeze bars (fun to swing around on), UFO, petting zoo, tubes, golf cart, chevette, coffin, and some others that I'm sure I've forgotten.

Admission is $20... which is steep, considering it's NOWHERE near as nice as Gilboa (above or below). There's no running water or flush toilets, and the docks aren't as nice. They do have air fills, port-a-potties, and changing rooms. This is the best place for diving that is "close" to Indy.... the vis is usually pretty decent. Last year, I never saw it less than 15' vis... and some days were up to 30'. (I'm sure it had it's days though :))

wb416:
Penny said you guys had a blast!

Uh-huh! You'll have to go with us next time to get the "full-effect".

I'll do an underwater pole dance for you! {evil laugh!} :rofl4: :rofl4:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom