Blue Springs Doubles Entry Fee

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diver Lori

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Got an email from Rick Sandefur last week. He's doubling the entry fee....now it's $20. Not sure if it's effective immediately, or come the spring dive season.

Sure hope Joe dosen't catch wind of this, darn fuel prices anyway!
With the additional cost of living these days maybe Blue Springs will
see fewer divers this year, hint...hint.

I know of two less for sure, me being one, and several others that will probably follow. Might have to make a trip by on my way to France Park just so I can act surprised and drive away.

Text of email....
====================
Attached Message
To: A <offuttar@rose-hulman.edu>
Subject: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 10:27:21 -0800 (PST)

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL YOU DIVERS!!

WELL, 2005 IS OVER AND I WANT TO THANK EVERYONE FOR MAKING IT A FUN GOOD YEAR! I KNOW IT'S COLD OUT NOW, BUT IT WON'T BE LONG BEFORE IT'S TIME TO HEAT UP THE LAKE AGAIN! EVEN THOUGH WE HAD TO SHUT DOWN THE AIR FILL PUMP, WE WILL HAVE IT UP AND RUNNING AGAIN AS SOON AS THE WEATHER PERMITS. SEVERAL DIVERS ARE STILL COMING IN TO DIVE EVEN THOUGH IT'S LONG UNDERWEAR SEASON!!

AS TO THE LAKE AND NEXT YEAR, WE STILL HAVE THE VERY FEW THAT SLIP IN WITHOUT PAYING! IF YOU CANNOT AFFORD TO PAY, THEN AT LEAST LET US KNOW AND WE WILL DONATE THE FEE FOR YOU. THIS WAY, WE CAN WRITE IT OFF. CONTINUOUSLY, WE HAVE INSTRUCTORS WHO COME IN WITH 1 STUDENT AND THE STUDENT PAYS, BUT THE INSTRUCTOR DOESN'T! THE RULE ON THIS IS: 1 INSTRUCTOR IS FREE WITH 3 STUDENTS. IF YOU DON'T HAVE 3 STUDENTS, THEN YOU MUST PAY! THIS IS VERY SIMPLE, IF YOU BRING A FRIEND, DON'T SAY HE IS A STUDENT. ALONG WITH THIS STATEMENT, I'D LIKE TO APOLOGIZE TO ALLTHE GREAT INSTRUCTORS & SCHOOLS THAT HELP MAKE OUR END OF THE DEAL WONDERFUL! EVERYONE KNOWS BY NOW THAT WE PRETTY MUCH RUN ON THE HONOR SYSTEM. PLEASE DON'T MAKE US CHANGE THE SYSTEM. WHERE ELSE CAN YOU COME & GO ANYTIME YOU PLEASE TO DIVE? I'VE TOLD EVERYONE THAT BLUE SPRINGS WAS GOING TO BE FOR SCUBA DIVERS ONLY. THIS IS YOUR PLACE TO COME ANYTIME! DON'T LET THE FEW CHEATERS LOSE THIS PRIVILEGE FOR EVERYBODY!
MORE BAD NEWS: THE COST OF DOING BUSINESS SEEMS TO BE OUT OF CONTROL! OUR INSURANCE AND PROPERTY TAXES HAVE GONE THROUGH THE ROOF! EVERY YEAR THE COST OF TRYING TO KEEP THE LAKE AREA CLEAN COSTS MORE & MORE. BECAUSE OF ALL THESE COST FACTORS, BEGINNING MAY 1ST 2006, THE FEE TO DIVE WILL BE $20.00 PER DAY PER DIVER. WE HAVE HELD THE COST AT $10.00 FOR WELL OVER A DECADE, BUT SOMETIMES, AS MUCH AS YOU HATE TO ROCK THE BOAT, THE COST OF DOING BUSINESS HURTS EVERYBODY!
I'VE JUST ABOUT SAID EVERY THING GOOD & BAD EXCEPT THAT I WOULD LIKE TO, ONCE AGAIN, SAY THANKS TO ALL THE GREAT PEOPLE I HAVE MET OVER THE PAST FEW YEARS; YOU ARE A GREAT BUNCH OF PEOPLE!

THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATRONAGE,
RICK SANDEFUR, BLUE SPRINGS SCUBA
(317)402-05045
(317)398-2277

THANK YOUR FOR YOUR INTEREST IN BLUE SPRINGS SCUBA! PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT bluespringsscubadiving.net. YOU MAY ALSO CONTACT US BY TELEPHONE AT (317)398-2277 OR (317)402-0504.
HAPPY & SAFE DIVING!!!!

Land Locked:
Sure hope Joe dosen't catch wind of this, darn fuel prices anyway!
With the additional cost of living these days maybe Blue Springs will
see fewer divers this year, hint...hint.

Joe doesn't have much of anything to maintain so he can't blame gas prices. Kinda hard to mow lime stone. :D Personally I think Rick could find ways to not raise the price..maybe to $15.

Somebody refresh my memory. Was there a moduler home last year at Blue Springs? I noticed one up front behind the refill building on New Years Eve. Looks like it is fairly new.

I will be going to gilboa instead of going to bs. I can use the difference of 8 dollars to pay my way to a lot nicer place that offers a lot more

Scott
:azvatar:

He only complained about some free riders. There is no blue print about what will be done with the increased fee. Excuse me. The price factors he mentioned are a conventional excuse. Don't get me wrong. There is almost no change on labor cost in Indiana, specially on the local area....

Got an idea guys. Instead of complaing here why don't we complain to Rick. Compare his price to other places and tell him what nice facilities that they have compaired to his. Don't get nasty with him but let him know how we feel. It may not help but it sure can't hurt.
I posted the email on the Midwest Dive board. Also sent it to the LDS but lord only knows when he will check his mail. Maybe soon since I will be there in another week or so.

The price of just about everything has gone up and we all feel the pinch but I think Rick has gone way over board on this one.

crpntr133:
Got an idea guys. Instead of complaing here why don't we complain to Rick. Compare his price to other places and tell him what nice facilities that they have compaired to his. Don't get nasty with him but let him know how we feel. It may not help but it sure can't hurt.
I posted the email on the Midwest Dive board. Also sent it to the LDS but lord only knows when he will check his mail. Maybe soon since I will be there in another week or so.

The price of just about everything has gone up and we all feel the pinch but I think Rick has gone way over board on this one.

Oh~~~man, I have contacted him several times about the fee, annual membership, nitrox fill, new shelter, new chair, new bench, rinse area, shower facility, street light, rest room, etc..... I don't hear anything from him by email and have talked to him everytime I met..... LOL~~~

Looks like France Park and Gilboa are going to get more of my business. Maybe a couple other places too like Hidden Paradise.

Good list of places around the Great Lakes area was started by Bob over at Zendiving... http://zendiving.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1447

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom