Blue Springs Waldron Indiana Official Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

a question with no quick inexpensive answer I'm afraid

Still closed. Stopped by a couple of weeks ago. Locked up tight with this sign posted... ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364646103.932979.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've heard Blue Springs is closed for good. Apart from a change in ownership, it won't be re-opening as a dive site. :depressed:

That's a shame. I grew up in Waldron and dove there. Great dive site for that area.

That's a shame. I grew up in Waldron and dove there. Great dive site for that area.

It is indeed. I learned to dive there and appreciated its close proximity, depth (for Indiana), and viz (again, for Indiana). It's a sad loss for Indiana divers.

I'm heading back to Indy in October, any chance that Blue Springs will be reopened?

I've heard absolutely nothing regarding plans to reopen the place. Until it changes hands, it will most likely never reopen as a dive site. When the sale to the owner of the Indy Dive Club fell through a few years ago, days of diving there took a severe blow.

Indy Dive Club now runs the scuba concession at France Park in Logansport. The only remaining public dive spots in Indiana that I'm aware of are Hidden Paradise in St. Paul, Philips Quarry in Muncie, France Park in Logansport, and Sunset Park in Linton. Of these, France Park seems to be the current go to site. The Indy Dive Club has done quite a bit of work on the facility. Unfortunately, all of these sites are shallow and have typical Indiana summer visibility when the water is warm ... 2-10 feet max. In the winter the visibility improves significantly.

Back
Top Bottom