Blueprints to Spiegel Grove?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was one of the divers that has been inside the Duane. We had to take off our tanks and squeeze into the laundry room. I wouldn't recomend doing it at all, but you would need at least 3 divers with cave reels and video lights and doubles. It was really strange inside (dark with light blue portholes when you look out). We video taped the entire length. We looked at the engine room but didn't go down

decomdoug once bubbled...
I was one of the three divers that took the orginal grate off the Duane at the stern, and went inside. We had to take off our tanks and squeeze into the laundry room at that point. I wouldn't recomend doing it at all, but you would need at least 3 divers with cave reels and video lights and doubles. It was really strange inside (dark with light blue portholes when you look out). We video taped the entire length. We looked at the engine room but didn't go down.:scuba: :scuba: :scuba:

Criticism withdrawn as there were things I didn't know involved in this effort.

WW

Reeflover once bubbled...

As far as maps etc., the Key Largo Chamber of Commerce has advised us that they are working on one and will offer it when completed.........don't know when that will be.

Reeflover

Thats kewl, maybe it will be like one of those slate maps you see for some of the other famous wrecks down there.

Quest once bubbled...

Thats kewl, maybe it will be like one of those slate maps you see for some of the other famous wrecks down there.

as long as its top deck only, which I'm sure it will be.

WW

WreckWriter once bubbled...

as long as its top deck only, which I'm sure it will be.

WW

Yeup

While diving in Key Largo I use Divers City USA, at Gilberts marina. They were selling slates prior to the dive that showed a close replica of a sister LSD.

That is the only known print that I have seen.

Dive safe,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom