Bluestone Sunday Aug 28th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hmmm....I'm very tempted - especially since I'm only 45 min away! And I haven't been wet in a week!

Hey Ken - need a place to stay this weekend - Saturday or Sunday night? You're wecome to stay at my place.

Thanks for the offer too Charlie! However, I will probably work Saturday as I haven't worked a weekend in quite a while, and need to pull my share a bit... :wink:

Hope you can make it Charlie, I'd love to hear about your trip!

Only 45 minutes and you'll get to see some feet first ascents :D , how can you turn that down?

Ken

So who exactly is going - that is not part of a class and who could I potentially buddy with? Ken, Bobby - I know you guys are going deep to check out the drysuit - but I'll be diving wet. Where's the thermocline nowadays and what's the temp?

Well, depends on my thermals Charlie...

I just have the after market model for now, (sporting goods store) not sure how that'll go :D

Waiting to spend the big duckies until after I actually get a suit... I may be a hurting puppy. :11:

I am sure though, that there will be people you can buddy with, if not Bobby and I.

This will be my first time there, I would be interested to know the temps as well, and as I will be bringing the canopy, can we set up near the water? Also what time do the gates open?

Ken

Well, last year the thermocline was at about 28 ffw this time of year, hi 70's above, mid-low 60's below, according to my log. The hole, about 75 ffw, was about 52 deg....So you'll get a chance to check out your thermals :D !

There's a dress-out and entry area at the "lighthouse" with canopies overall - so you probably won't need to set yours up. Gate opens at 9 am.

Still not sure I'm coming, depends on how much stuff I get done tonight, and if I think my sinuses can handle it (kinda messed them up diving 8/15 w Kristi and Glenn). If I don't - have a safe trip and enjoy the diving.

NCDiver2004:
Well, last year the thermocline was at about 28 ffw this time of year, hi 70's above, mid-low 60's below, according to my log. The hole, about 75 ffw, was about 52 deg....So you'll get a chance to check out your thermals :D !

This sounds like the exact same conditions that I have found the last 2 weeks. Hope everyone has fun

I had an awesome time at Bluestone!!!

I am also now the owner of a drysuit! :D

I met up with Bobby a bit before 10 in the parking lot... After a discussion on rebreathers, which pretty much went over my head, :D we caught the tram down to the water.

Bluestone has picnic tables with unbrellas near the water, and plenty of shade, it's a pretty nice setup...

Unbeknownst LOL to Bobby and I, but, appearently known by everyone else nearby, there was a rescue class going on...

Bobby and I were chatting away and all of a sudden this guy starts yelling Help!!! Help!!! Bobby starts throwing stuff out of his pockets, cellphone, wallet, (thank goodness!) and dives in after the guy who is now underwater...

Really scary stuff!!! Then someone yells to Bobby, as he's swimming towards the guy, that they have a rescue class going on and it was only a drill...

Bobby tells him that they need to use another word such as pizza ect...

It really was incredibly STUPID!!! What if someone actually needed help... Nah, :wink: it's just a class, he's fine...

Anywho, after all that, we finally hit the water... The drysuit was perfect! We went to a pipe they have submerged, maybe 50 yards long by 6 feet around... played in that for awhile, and then headed for the PT boat to checkout the inside of that.

The vis is not great, but it is good practice, and if you are silting, you'll sure know it in a hurry... :wink:

On the second dive we just tooled around a bit and at the end Bobby let me run some line, which was really cool!!! I had some idea from listening to Mark V. and watching Jason, about what to do, and definately look forward to playing some more in the future...

All in all it was a great day of diving, Big Thanks to Bobby for helping me get squared away in the new suit!

Ken

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom