Boat Has New Paint and Officially Christened

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Laurie S.

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I was just down in Mexico at my house and spent a lot of time on the water in my boat diving and cruising. My boyfriend had arranged for two of the local guys to repair all of the paint and put the name on the boat, along with a tribal shark design I had found in Tahiti last year. The name of the boat officially is "Whale Shark," but since it is in Mexico, I had them do the name in Spanish, "Tiburon Ballena." What was really cool is that they surprised me with the shark image and name on the door to the cuddy, also. I love it!

They did amazing work in repairing numerous scratches, gouges, blisters, and other paint damage. They still need to do the top of the boat, which will be easy since it's mostly white. We really didn't think they could repair the various colors so well. Unless you know where it was damaged, you can't tell. The colors are stunning now.

Then, of course, we had to have a christening, but we weren't about to smash the champagne bottle on the fiberglass hull. We put a little on the boat, and a little more on, and in, ourselves. I did manage to smash the window on the walk through when I couldn't keep my balance on the bow and made a sudden landing on it. Oh well, it gives us a nice breeze now.

ws2.jpg

ws3.jpg

ws4.jpg

ws5.jpg

ws1.jpg

very nice

Back
Top Bottom