"Boat Sitter" activities

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

parrothead600

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Due to a recent Stapedectomy surgery, my wife is unable to dive. She does stay with our boat while my daughter & I dive. I can only imagine how boring it must be for her to be there by herself while we are gone. Besides counting bubbles, Does anyone have any suggestions to keep her entertained while "boat sitting"?

Music? Reading is not always a great idea because having your head down in a boat can often make ya a little seasick. Before my daughter got her cert, she used to fly a kite off the boat.

you are so cool to be so thoughtful.

Photography? I could play with settings for quite a while sitting there...then, when she could dive again, she would be all dialed in.

Books on tape/CD eliminate the seasick from reading issue :)
Ber :lilbunny:

A non diving boyfriend? Just kidding. Is she able to snorkle? She could tether her self off to the boat if need be.

Wildcard:
A non diving boyfriend? .
Dont know why I didn't think of that one myself. At least someone would be getting some action. Just kidding. I do like the idea of a kite, I'll have to find a Parrot shaped kite.
Unfortunatly,Since her sugery involved the middle ear it is a permanent disqualification from diving. She has messed with her camera, but there's only so much to mess with on a compact camera. (she did get a nice picture of a butterfly that she made friends with on one of our dives)

I can think of circumstances where it'd be a bad idea, but if I'm on a boat sitting still for any amount of time I like to do some fishing.

Audio books are great too, and so is XM satellite radio, not only is there (tons of) music, but comedy, lots of talk, old style radio "theater" and more. My MyFi goes everywhere with me.

you could start diving with an old surface fed suit and she could work the bellows.......

how big of a boat? if farely decent sized there's alway the option of a portable dvd player to take along. I've heard of people buying the cheap little rc boats and they have fun with them while waiting for others to get back.

When i had my knee scoped i learned to knit, crossstich and crochet. books on cd are great on really long times especially if you get caught up in the book.

always can take up fishing. stunt kites are always fun.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom