Boats in southern NJ

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dove with East Coast Diving Supply on the Atlantus on Wednesday. We dove the Sea Girt wreck. Nice dive. Nearly calm seas with no current on the wreck. I am staying in Stone Harbor this week and the drive up was an easy drive. The crew on the Atlantus was very helpfull with getting people in the water and out.

I was out with them yesterday on the Almirante and the Sea Girt. 3-4 foot swells with a 10 second period, lot's of surge on the bottom giving us 10 feet of seriously cruddy vis. Fun dives though. Didn't have to do any swimming with all the surge, just timed when to let let go of ribs and plates...They were going to do an afternoon dive as well but cancelled because of the conditions.

Mate didn't show, but the Cpt did a fine job and was helpful through both dives.

Anybody going out next Wednesday? I'll be Ocean City. Also, any good shore diving down there? I've done some of the inlets up north.

I would be up for a cold one on Thursday after work. Places I like:

Flying Pig, Malvern
McKenzies, Frazer
TJ's, Paoli
Kildare's, West Chester
My Deck if it's nice, Malvern

Cold is good anywhere! I've no plans if girls are welcome.

Anybody going out next Wednesday? I'll be Ocean City. Also, any good shore diving down there? I've done some of the inlets up north.

None that I know of. The Deauville Inn, Strathmere, just south of OC on the bay is sited as a place to do some bottle diving (Corsons Inlet). Formerly an early 20th century speakeasy, guess the non-green patrons just tossed their empties into the bay! Would not suggest trying it during summer - narrow inlet, lots and lots of marine traffic, folks beach boats there to spend the day imbibing.

I often walk and bike Townsend's Inlet (Avalon side along the jetties) and think about diving it. My buddy has never been ameniable to giving it a try.

Cold is good anywhere! I've no plans if girls are welcome.

D'oh! Didn't see your post till today Jersey. Make it next week? I'll pm the locals here and try to set something up. Did you really ask if girls are welcome??? :crafty: Always!

Pedo: Let us know what the venture's like. Which wreck are ya doing?

D'oh! Didn't see your post till today Jersey. Make it next week? I'll pm the locals here and try to set something up. Did you really ask if girls are welcome??? :crafty: Always!

Pedo: Let us know what the venture's like. Which wreck are ya doing?

I've been on the Venture many times. A really good boat. Paul is an excellent skipper and Ruth is a super mate. Just great people to deal with. The boat itself is not the biggest on the water but it's certainly fine. Unfortunately this time we got blown out. Seems like there were some storms offshore. We ran out of the inlet a couple of miles but the swells (7 ft or so?) did not die down so we headed back in. Some of the fishing boats gave up as well.

I've been on the Venture many times. A really good boat. Paul is an excellent skipper and Ruth is a super mate. Just great people to deal with. The boat itself is not the biggest on the water but it's certainly fine. Unfortunately this time we got blown out. Seems like there were some storms offshore. We ran out of the inlet a couple of miles but the swells (7 ft or so?) did not die down so we headed back in. Some of the fishing boats gave up as well.

You mean today? Aka, the hurricane's headed this way?

I haven't dived on the venture yet, but I will. She's a few berths down from my regular boat.

No, two Mondays back.

You won't regret it.

Which boat is that?

Never been on that one. How do you like it?

Back
Top Bottom