Body Glove Drysuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

somewhereinla

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am thinking of getting a front entry suit. Body Glove has one for about $800 which is a very good price. I was wondering if anyone has had a chance to dive with one or even saw one.

Any info would be appreciated. Also I am only looking for feedback / info for that suit only. I already know about other brands such as DUI, Bare etc... and don't need / want more info on those.:wink:

cheers.

A local shop just took them on so I have seen them but I have not studied them.

Pete

I am also interested. I have a friend who just bought one, and , I have asked her to get back to me with a report. They just came out with them, and, they were back ordered for a while. Probably not a lot of folks diving them yet.

I will track her down asap. The water is getting cold!

I am thinking of getting a front entry suit. Body Glove has one for about $800 which is a very good price. I was wondering if anyone has had a chance to dive with one or even saw one.

Based on the description on their home page "polyester twill exterior with polymer backed coating ", one might think that's a bilam suite, not trilam. If so, for that price there are far better deals...

I could be wrong.

Based on the description on their home page "polyester twill exterior with polymer backed coating ", one might think that's a bilam suite, not trilam. If so, for that price there are far better deals...

I could be wrong.

Such as?
I am a little torn on this suit. because I am leaning towards wanting a crushed neoprene suit. However, I get Bodygloves wholesale. If I can live with this, I stand to save quite a bit of money.

Such as?
I am a little torn on this suit. because I am leaning towards wanting a crushed neoprene suit. However, I get Bodygloves wholesale. If I can live with this, I stand to save quite a bit of money.

Well, Bare Nex Gen should also be bilaminate, but I saw it in the store, and on the sleeve it clearly said trilaminate. If that is true, there's really no doubt what option is better for that money...

Again, I could be hallucinating, and if so, I must check what the drug is. :D

I looked at that suit too and you are not going to save that much money.

You will have to purchace undergarments, boots and hood. With a thin suit like this one, you are going to need something heavier than REI underwear, even in southern California. To get a good undergarment and boots, you are looking at a few hundred $ more.

What type of warranty or customer service do they offer?

This looks like an entry-level suit, at best. I would expect it to last about 100 dives. If you are looking for something to last a long time, this isn't the suit. If you want something to get you by for a while, this will be OK.

I looked at that suit too and you are not going to save that much money.

You will have to purchace undergarments, boots and hood. With a thin suit like this one, you are going to need something heavier than REI underwear, even in southern California. To get a good undergarment and boots, you are looking at a few hundred $ more.

What type of warranty or customer service do they offer?

This looks like an entry-level suit, at best. I would expect it to last about 100 dives. If you are looking for something to last a long time, this isn't the suit. If you want something to get you by for a while, this will be OK.

You would have to purchase undergarnments, boots and hood with any drysuit you would get, I don't know of any brands that include all that with the suit, so I am not sure I understand your comment... Not sure how it is relevent?

Also we are not talking about a small unknown company here, this is Body glove which produce some of the best wetsuits and is known for very good quality products and service. I doubt they would put out anything bad.

Anyhow, I didn't post this thread for speculation about this particular product, I just want to know if anybody has either experienced it, try it or know someone that do.

cheers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom