Stretchy type gloves with DUI drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Justin Phillips

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I talked to a diver that just uses dish washing gloves pulled over his DUI drysuit cuffs. I am going to try this but I was curious if anyone has ever tried inserting a rigid ring in the cuffs of a DUI drysuit behind the sip seals to 100% make sure the cuffs stay round so you can use a more cost effective drysuit glove. Very curious what peoples DIY, DUI glove setups are. The guy I talked to says the cuff stays round with a stretchy type glove but I would feet better with some sort of DIY rigid ring in there either a cut piece of PVC or a 3D print something. I really dont want gloves built into my drysuit and would like something I could pull op and over the cuff.

Not DIY, but very useful. I put the rings on the DUI Zip Seals...

then the gloves ($15):

Not DIY, but very useful. I put the rings on the DUI Zip Seals...

then the gloves ($15):

Do you still use zip seals with the is or does it replace it?

Zips attach to suit, rings installed on seals which can be moved when you rip a seal (makes a wrist dam), liners and pull overs on rings.

I talked to a diver that just uses dish washing gloves pulled over his DUI drysuit cuffs.

Hey Justin,
The diver you spoke with is exactly correct, except they aren’t technically dish washing gloves. Use these. They are available from a variety of sources in the US for about $5 a pair. Size 10.5 works well for most guys and allows for a set of heavy wool liners underneath. Once you try this you won’t go back.

It’s a little tricky pulling them on but as long as you get them an inch past the zip seals you will be golden! In other words, wear the normal wrist zip seals and pull these over the top. In about 100 dives, I’ve had 2-3 come off but with the wool liners underneath, it’s still not bad - about the same as neoprene gloves in terms of warmth. My buddy likes added insurance of a stretch cord loop over top of the gloves for insurance. We use no hard ring underneath and they are super comfortable.

Another handy trick to avoid glove squeeze - a 3 inch piece of surgical tubing under your wrist seal. Late in a dive with 40 degree water and I’ll be diving with my hands up high so the gloves stay nice and full of warm air. If you do pop a glove, pull the tube out so water doesn’t go up your sleeve.

I’ve used the ones @rhwestfall mentions, but found this method much easier, cheaper and just as reliable.

My only issue with all these gloves are the fingers are too short (I can palm a basketball)...

Anyone have a suggestion for gloves with long finger stalls?

My only issue with all these gloves are the fingers are too short (I can palm a basketball)...

Anyone have a suggestion for gloves with long finger stalls?
You can have the extra length off my gloves! 🤣😂 Fingers too long!

Back
Top Bottom