body weight concerns

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mario

From your picture you didnt look so bad yourself!

ScubaBaby,

You may be a little too young to remember but if you look back at the old atari video games you will see that If "Mario" is an "Original" that he is short, very hairy and is some sort of banana eating primate!

=-)

LOL! Nice try :royal:, but she's already seen a picture of me. It does however paint a nice picture for the 530 other members who haven't... hehe... I owe you one! LOL!

KN

I do remember the Old Mario games - i have a box at home full of all the little stupid things!

Even if he is hairy and short and has a problem with bananas he is still sweet! Running round and that - very cute.

And Mario S Caners pic is even better!

oops....thought he was chasing a "banana eating, hairy primate"!

Well, damn...there goes MY fantasies!!! *grins*

Uh Oh! I'm getting tag teamed here heh! I'm glad to provide so much entertainment, mearly by swinging from a tree or two. And I thought it would go unnoticed! Oh and Scubabunny, don't give up so easily... I still like eating bananna's! LOL!

I was talking to a friend about why the actually put so much weight on me yesterday.
(After finding out fat really did float I was quite concerned about his opinion of me!)
And he said that it's because I am a woman! Me not being to happy about sexism, jumped on him for saying it and then after I'd tried to strangle him with my "towel" I let him explain. :p
He said it was to do with having "more air spaces!" Such as the fact women have wider hips therefore this space is taken up with air. Is this a true reason or is it still that they are trying to drown me???

Dear Mr Jiminenycricket.

Unfortunatly they haven't told you the truth about being a big guy and diving.
As I said it can be a cold and lonely place.
I myself am 6'4" and 113kgs. (249lbs)
Doing most of my diving from boats I find that I and I alone get placed on one side of the boat to make it level.
This leaves no one to talk to for the whole journey to and fro, while all those lettuce eating skeletons laugh and joke the whole way on the other side. I know they are talking about me you know. Please excuse me as I wipe away yet another tear. And the food they serve would'nt fill a flat snake. I mean you can't call 1 peice of chicken and a spoonfull of coleslaw lunch can you. :nono: Tip No1 take FOOD. Tip2 DONT share food.
Shore dives put us on a slight advantage. Just sit back and watch the stick insects struggle with tanks and weight belts while bellowing Its too heavy

On a serious note you will have a great time diving, good people and good times ahead.
I find I dont get cold and only dive with a wet(lycra) shirt and my wetty long johns and that's in winter about 10 to 15 celsius. Can't remember when I last wore my jacket. Different folks different strokes. You should be able to buy a weight belt that will suit you they can cut it to your size. Tip No 3 put a plastic bag on your foot to make your wetty slips on easier, getting it off is a whole other matter. Don't let the bag blow into the water though.
Tip No 4 dont go to crazy buying brand new gear straight away, try to hire or buy second hand first and see what you like and need first.

BIG GUYS/GIRLS RULE
Almost forgot to be politicaly correct.

I noticed from an earlier post that someone sugested you buy a weight integrated BC. Although I find them very comfortable, you should find out how much weight it can actually hold. Some of the ones that use velcro to support the weight pouches WILL come lose during your dive, or worse, during your deco/safety stop.

You should first get a second hand BC that is in good shape and that it fits, you may have to suffer with some of the more uncomfortable weight belts for the time being. As a new diver especially considering your size, you will use a great deal of weight to get you down. As you gain more experience, you will drop some lead off your belt and feel much more comfortable. Once you get down to about 10 to 12 pounds of lead, then you will want to look into weight integrated BC's.

Welcome to diving, you will have a lot of fun and get a great cardiovascular workout at the same time. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom