Bomb in Egypt. Is everyone ok?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

circusoflife:
Does it ever occur to anyone that maybe we shouldn't just go back to normal?
Does anybody really dig deep and think about why people wake up one day (After who knows how long) and decide to blow themselves up.

Answer that...and terrorism will be on its way down.

A lot of the more 'extreme' religious groups have a tendancy to brainwash they're followers who will do anything if they thinks it's Gods will.

circusoflife:
Does anybody really dig deep and think about why people wake up one day (After who knows how long) and decide to blow themselves up.

It's either Religion or Politics, take your pick. Get rid of both and you would solve alot of the worlds problems and prevent some wars.

There are alot of weak minded people in the world that get brain washed into things because they are told that it's God's Will. If you don't like the name God choose what ever other name you want to use, it really doesn't matter because there can be only one no matter what name you use.

Here's something else for people to think about and I know I'll probably piss alot of people off but I really don't care, everyone is free to have their own thoughts and beliefs. With the way we as humans tell stories, you know, always trying to make it a little bit "better" or more "believable". Can you really believe everything in a book that is thousands of years old? It's been rewritten and translated how many times? By how many over zealous story tellers? Really, come on now, NOOOOO one exagerated anything in all that time, I don't think so.

Ya I know, I'm going to hell, my wife tells me this all the time but if all these so called Religious people are getting into heaven with all the crap they have done just because they confessed, do I really want to go there. I think I'll just wait and find out, if there is a God and he/she is judging then let him/her judge, they will know the truth. If I've really been that bad of a person during my life then so be it, personally I don't think I'll worry about it to much.

Just my $0.02

Add one more country to the list of those who have been attacked by these radicals. The more countries these people blow themselves up in, with innocent people with them, the less those countries and peoples will want to protect them in the future. If they keep it up, they will have no place to go, no place to hide. All people all over the world need to look at their neighbors,co-workers and friends and turn them in if they are up to no good or even if you suspect them. better safe than sorry IMHO The only reason they still can go on, is that others are still, looking the other way, protecting them and supporting them. No safe havens for terrorists! We live in a sad time in history right now. My condolenses to all who have lost love ones, or were injured by these mindless acts. WE shall overcome.

Hey guys,

Have just read some of the messages here.

Well it has been an emotional few days here in Sharm. Thankfully I can confirm that all the Ocean College instructors and staff are OK. This is by no small miracle, as Friday night is usually our party night, and had it been any other week, 1.30 am would have seen many of us wandering along to the taxi rank a little worse for wear. As it was, this week many of us were tired so enjoyed an evening out closer to home and an early night.

At the moment I am still a little shell-shocked myself, and for once grateful that I had been totally boring and gone home to bed.

My thoughts right now are with my friends who saw sights no normal person should have to see, and the families of those who are still missing.

Sharm is a little quieter at the moment with some of the European tourists being taken out of the country and less sun-seekers than normal. However we are still here and still up and running, along with all the other dive centres. Whilst I appreciate that for some, carrying on in this way may not be what they want to do, but to lie down and let the terrorists win just isn't an option in my book.

Peace to everyone

circusoflife:

I believe it's a human trait, that we all have to one degree or another. We seem to think that what we believe, or how we live, is the best way, so we try to force others to believe/live in a similar fashion, whether it be religon or politics.

Humans just need to chill out and embrace the cultural/religous/political differences in each other and realise that the world would be a boring place if we were all the same.

My condolences to all the dead, injured and their families.

Hey,

I am Egyptian and i think that this tragedy happened all over the globe no where is safe now. And to just quit my normal life to feel more safe is not going to help much cause it could happen anywhere. Just go out there and Enjoy ur life.

I will not stop going to sharm,hurghada or dahab and if those ****S when blow me up then let them do it while i am Enjoying life.

I still belive that Egpyt is one of the safest places to be, so get out there and dive.

My lost words go to those who lost some1 "I m sure that every1 that goes to sharm will think of those who lost there lives there and i am sure every dive there will taste different"

BR
Dome

DomaNitrogen:
Hey,

I am Egyptian and i think that this tragedy happened all over the globe no where is safe now. And to just quit my normal life to feel more safe is not going to help much cause it could happen anywhere. Just go out there and Enjoy ur life.

I will not stop going to sharm,hurghada or dahab and if those ****S when blow me up then let them do it while i am Enjoying life.

I still belive that Egpyt is one of the safest places to be, so get out there and dive.

My lost words go to those who lost some1 "I m sure that every1 that goes to sharm will think of those who lost there lives there and i am sure every dive there will taste different"

BR
Dome
Welcome to ScubaBoard, Doma! Good to see you here.

We just got back from two weeks at Makadi... just before the Sharm el-Sheik bombings. I agree, we felt very safe there... though the Makadi TUI complex is a very controlled environment.

We were planning to check out the Sharm side of the Red Sea next year... I see no reason why we still shouldn't.

--Marek

Thanks Marek,

Well hope to see u in Egypt and all the good buddys...

Doma

...and politics and religion is related to mindless consumerism and the collective decisions WE make. Whether that means fight or flight (toward corporations and idiot govts)

..but hey...let's keep voting for 'free' trade. It sounds so good. Because free really is free isn't it?

:cwmddd:

:hai:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom