Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow thanks for posting both the beautiful video and the warning. Panic can be deadly, I'm glad your wife is ok.

Thook, Diving Dubai, what brand and model of regulators did you have during those events ?

what kind of failure did you find in your regulators ?

Thanks, I appreciate your answers

@Thook, glad to know that your wife recovered from the accident & thanks for posting the accident. After reading your post, I rebuilt my 1st, 2nd stage regulators, including the octopus (cost me $300 BTW) and tagged it (see picture, below) so I know the next time it is due for rebuilt. I intend to do it once a year since I use it routinely throughout the year (50 dives / year) for 11 years. Also the octopus will be hanging on the chess D-ring, right below my neck, for quick reach.
IMG_4709.JPG

Wow, sobering. Glad she is OK. My wife and I are going back to dive for the first time in 12 years. This definitely reminds us to refresh and practice all the emergency stuff, and also get our regs serviced. Thank You!

The video is really great, can you tell a little bit of your technique regarding filters, and lights setup, and when you would use them or not?

Also, have you had any close up or macro lens experience on the gopro?

Thanks.
Steve

Hey Steve, Gland you got something out of the video. I only use one filter and that is a back scatter red lense. If in shallow water with bright ambient light I sometimes dont need the filter but I typically keep it on the whole dive. I am using a home made platform with two I tourch video pro 4 lights at 1,300 lumen each. Again their use depends on the presence of ambient light... they also have 3 settings for light intensity so you can easily switch the saturation.... the trick is to get video spots as there is no center burn in your footage. You can get macro lenses for the GP but they cost... however, you have to manually switch them in and out and it's quite a hassle.... You can get pretty dang close without one though... Long story short lightng is key... hope this helps bud... Safe diving!

Back
Top Bottom