Bonaire Beautiful Brillant... bring your BCD's September 2002 Trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey either of you would be welcomed as roomies --- unless of course I find a merman, and he comes along - then all bets are off hehehehe.

Not likely, but you NEVER know..:D

You know we could all three room together :stooges:

And I stand corrected. The reef outside the doors of the Plaza Resort is called the 18th Palm, not the 5th Palm. I checked my dive book last night.

Originally posted by Natasha
You know we could all three room together :stooges:

And I stand corrected. The reef outside the doors of the Plaza Resort is called the 18th Palm, not the 5th Palm. I checked my dive book last night.

Hey we could have a pj party! hehehe

OK I know where the 18th Palm is located .... thanks Natasha, you've been a great help to me getting this trip all organized. Guess I owe you one Mom....

One other thing.... (you figured I'd have one more didn't you?) I was reading in the dive book I have that the Marine park required you receive an "orientation" (or something like that) before being permitted to dive in the Marine Park, and to dive in the part it also had a minimal cover fee (good for a year). So my question is: Are we diving the park -- and if we are does this orientation & fee still apply?

Okay, I am 99% going on this trip. I just need to work out a couple of details with my flight and speak to Natasha about payment. This is the first time I am using miles and it's more complicated that I had thought it would be.

Add one more female to the trip!

All wonderful questions. The Bonairemaniacs would probably love to jump on these questions.
Ha! And I just might need Herman ...
First off, all of Bonaire is a Marine Park. The dive shop will give the orientation 'talk'. Basically what they will say is ..no gloves are allowed while you are diving ..but on the Hilma Hooker ..and be nice to the coral or we will kill you.
The dive shop will collect the fee down there and give you this cute little disc to wear on your Bc in return. The part I can't recall was, how much it was. I know it's under 20.00 or I would remember. I'll find out, if Herman doesn't see this first.

:gorgeous:

Originally posted by dvleemin
The marine park fee is $10 I believe, and is good for 1 year.

Darryl

That's what the book said --- but since I can't remember when it was published -- I thought I'd ask.

As for you roomie --- hot dang!.. PJ party with Mom....:D

Vampy Mom never wears PJs to bed ....hehehehe

:jessica:

Don't you think you females that are going to have a PJ party will need a male chaperone to keep you in line? I will volunteer my services :D

Another question: (geez, I'm getting to sound like DG)

Are we planning on diving the Hilma Hooker as a group? Or are we more or less on our own for this dive? Just curious if it is necessary to pack my gloves.

Originally posted by socaldiver
Don't you think you females that are going to have a PJ party will need a male chaperone to keep you in line? I will volunteer my services :D

Another question: (geez, I'm getting to sound like DG)

Are we planning on diving the Hilma Hooker as a group? Or are we more or less on our own for this dive? Just curious if it is necessary to pack my gloves.

. . . and be proud you do sound like me (I'm well respected in my circle) What is 149?????

as for you Mom... I'm not making any comments on my bedtime attire.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom