Bonaire Beautiful Brillant... bring your BCD's September 2002 Trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DG,

If my math is correct, that is the #of days til we invade this tropical paradise called Bonaire.

Yes, we will dive the Hilma Hooker as a group, and as one of the boat dives instead of a shore dive.
I wore gloves. Looking back at my log book, I have it at 96 feet .. I think that's pretty much to the sand.

Originally posted by socaldiver
DG,

If my math is correct, that is the #of days til we invade this tropical paradise called Bonaire.

Now that is a very good number!

From the dive book I have:
Eighteen Palms
Acess: by boat or shore
Conditions: mild currents
Average depth: 20m (65 ft)
Max depth: 30m (100ft)
Viz: 30m (100ft)
Named after the 18 palms in the front garden of the Lt-Governor's house, this is an ideal site for novices and snorkellers. Southern and eagle rays are often seen on the sandy bottom.

Hilma Hooker
Acess: by boat or shore
Conditions: strong currents
Average depth: 25m (80 ft)
Max depth: 30m (100ft)
Viz: 20m (65 ft)
The 72m (235ft) Korean freighter was docked at the Town Pier for repairs, but Customs officers found marijuana hidden on board so the ship was confiscated and the drug burnt. As she was slowly sinking, On Sep 12, 1984 Bonaire's dive operators towed her out to the sand between the double-reef system and deliberately sunk her.

unfortunately the anti-fouling wasn't removed so marine organisms have been slow to establish themselves on the structure. However, it is now being colonized by sponges and is shelter to tiger and black groupers, black margates, mahogany snappers and yellowtail snappers. large horse-eye jacks cruise the open water beyond the wreck and midnight parrotfish can be seen grazing on the hull. Except where there are large open compartments in the central section, penetration of the wreck is not advised. The ship rests on here starboard side at the bottom of the reef slope - the highest point of the vessel is at 18m (60ft)

Just ran across this, here's some pics taken by some who visited Bonaire. Pictures

just wondering is this trip full already ? any opennings ??
I could be considering going... anyone know a good airlines from connecticut to bonaire ? gonna start looking into this trip... :)

My wife and I were headed for Bonaire, Plaza Resort the first week of July but got cancelled due to work. Good news is we will get to meet everyone since we rescheduled to join the group in September :updown:

Wish we could make Wreckmania too but maybe next time!

Thanks again, Natasha :)

Kevin:
Great to have you join the group!
Everyone please welcome Kevin and Kim, to our September group.
And the good news is, we still have room, with 4 rooms left!

Sorry that you lost out going in July, but sure glad you can join us in September.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom