Bonaire, Belize or Costa Rica?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SBP Studios

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
We would like to have some fun topside as well and plan to Dive 2-3 days while we are there.

If you had to choose one for a 5 day vacation. Which would you pick and why?

For divers with less than 15 dives under their belts.

I've been to Ambergris Caye, Belize, it was easy diving and good eating and drinking. Bonaire is on my short list. Went to Belize first because my wife doesn't dive and I've heard Bonaire is all about diving, planning on sneaking out by myself next spring. Don't tell.

Costa Rica has some pretty amazing stuff to do depending on what you like. Lots of rainforest type activity, hiking, horseback riding, ATVs, etc. It was on my short list when we were looking for a vacation spot because there was so much to do there, but then I heard about all the bugs and humidity and that turned me off, but it looks like a really cool place if you don't mind bugs and humidity. :) We chose Dominican Republic instead although the diving there isn't supposed to be great, it was a good mix of non-diving and diving activity, and CHEAP!

scrapdizzy:
If you had to choose one for a 5 day vacation. Which would you pick and why?

For divers with less than 15 dives under their belts.

Belize - Ambergris Caye.

Call Peter at Protech Dive! (www.protechdive.com)

Great staff, great boats, small groups, incredible diving.

The wife and I went there in July - simply perfect.

PM me if you want more info.

Hope this helps.

Bonaire wins diving and costa rica wins topside with belize a close second in both categories. If you are only going to dive 2-3 days and want topside then I would go with Costa Rica BUT the diving is the hardest of the three. Belize may be the winner by default. The only one of the three that has great diving and topside too, with the more newbie diving.

Bonaire is the only tropical diving destination I've been to.. You can walk off and dive at almost any point around the island, at any time.. But the only thing to do there is Snorkle, Dive, Windsurf, and Eat.... oh, and a Donkey preserve... if you aren't interested in water :wink:

Scott

(P.S. I stayed at Buddy Dive Resort, my personal favorite places to eat at were Casablanca and Paso Bon Pizza)

i went to ambergris caye several years ago, and it was absolutely fantastic. we were in a private little resort, and it was a blast. i wasnt diving and much younger at the time, but it was still a blast. great snorkeling on the barrier reef, and even better fishing!

Leaning towards Belize...anyone have any trip photos and/or tips for restaurants and nigthtlife? hotels etc..

Back
Top Bottom