Trip Report Bonaire Dive Trip Report- August 2017

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've been missing Bonaire rather badly and you just made it worse! Glad you guys had a good time.

How do you find and pick a private accommodation to stay at? VRBO, AirBnb? Just curious how more Scubaboarders do it, and how their cost experience compares to dive resorts. When I travel alone I don't pay as much attention, but for family trips I've wondered.

Richard.

I tend to use VRBO when I want to rent out an entire house for a larger group, as I did in this case for Bonaire. If I am going solo or just with my wife, then I will always check VRBO for a suitable studio or 1 bedroom, but will compare it with AirBnB and many times end up going with AirBnB and rent a room within a house, as it tends to be less expensive. It really all depends on the location. For just me or just me and my wife (which will likely be the case for December/January); I have a found pretty nice option right in the same complex that I rented this villa. It is also through VRBO. Right next to the dive shop at Hamlet Oasis: Water Front Studio On Hamlet Oasis Resort B... - VRBO

We stayed at Hamlet Villa 10, which looks like it's just a few down from Sunset Villa. Love the Hamlet villas. Both Sunset Villa and Hamlet #10 have been mentioned in a few threads.

Thanks for the report. We stay at Coral Paradise right behind you and I dive Capt Dons/Cliff at least twice a day. Never gets old and always something new. AM night dives are great where you were. I go in just before sunrise so it is a night dive and watch the light slowly fill in during the dive. Not much better than that.

Thanks for the write up. My wife and I and another couple are going in November. Sounds like great diving.

Trailboss123,
Thanks for sharing your report. I like that area too, we last stayed on the second floor of a studio immediately adjacent to dive friends - Hamlet oasis. Great and convenient.

Seeing your video reminded me of a unique sighting at the base of the wall this last May. I'll share a photo, it's not great because I had a macro lens on, and the critter was too big for the lens, and of course a bit too far. In any case, it's an American Conger. I've never seen one before. It's about 5 to 6' long and moved very fast. It was probably 2AM when my wife and I ran into this one.
Cheers,
Ricardo
IMG_0504.JPG

U2, Kansas, Jordan Millar, Led Zeppelin, Aerosmith, Bob Dylan, Eagles and James Taylor. Guessing that you can guess our age based on our music playlist.
I am guessing you turned 60 this year :)

Back
Top Bottom