Bonaire Exit/reentry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My Dutch friends did make this comment. “You can usually tell the Americans on the entries and exits. They rarely help each other. “

I’ve heard that about the Americans too...and you can work out which ones are the Dutch because they won’t be laughing :)

Nah, more of the generalization of the yanks and the generalization of the Dutch having no real sense of humour to speak of. Both being equally redundant...

‘but the requirement to explain it has sort of killed it anyway...:wink:

Nah, more of the generalization of the yanks and the generalization of the Dutch having no real sense of humour to speak of. Both being equally redundant...

‘but the requirement to explain it has sort of killed it anyway...:wink:
That’s interesting. My roommate in college was from the Netherlands. Since then I’ve maintained a contingent of Dutch friends. I’ve always enjoyed their humor and not considered them humorless. But I have had some German friends as well. So maybe my baseline is off. Obviously that generalization went over my head. My apologies. But regardless and back on topic, just trying to make a point that “ A Little Help from My Friends” might obviate the need for dive site construction. Cheers!

Salt Pier I think it was: we were walking in together trying to find our footing and that just pulls you apart unless you deliberately try to hold on to each other. And then you are far enough apart so you can't instantly help. And then we saw a couple "waltzing" out of the water and had a "d'uh!" moment.

Against STINAPA rules.

I've used mine for a few years now at dive shops/house reefs, lots of unimproved sites, and in front of marine park personnel with no problems.. as long as they know it's not a spear.
Has something changed recently. I believe this is your quote from BT...

Canes are OK, according to STINAPA:
==================================

On 4/13/18, 13:36, XXX wrote:

Message Body:
Are folding canes OK to help with shore entries and exits? They would be
stowed away during the dive.

On April 16, 2018 10:17:15 AM EDT, STINAPA Bonaire <info@stinapa.org> wrote:

Yes that¹s ok, just don¹t use them on the dive please, thanks!

Anouschka van de Ven
Communications Coordinator
STINAPA Bonaire
Barcadera z/n
Bonaire, Dutch Caribbean
T: +599 - 717 8444
mail:communications@stinapa.org
www.stinapa.org
www.facebook.com/bonaire.stinapa

Wife and I got in the habit of the waltz entry/exit where we faced each other and held each other’s forearm and shuffled sideways. Actually worked really well.

I've used mine for a few years now at dive shops/house reefs, lots of unimproved sites, and in front of marine park personnel with no problems.. as long as they know it's not a spear.
Has something changed recently. I believe this is your quote from BT...

Canes are OK, according to STINAPA:
==================================

On 4/13/18, 13:36, XXX wrote:

Message Body:
Are folding canes OK to help with shore entries and exits? They would be
stowed away during the dive.

On April 16, 2018 10:17:15 AM EDT, STINAPA Bonaire <info@stinapa.org> wrote:

Yes that¹s ok, just don¹t use them on the dive please, thanks!

Anouschka van de Ven
Communications Coordinator
STINAPA Bonaire
Barcadera z/n
Bonaire, Dutch Caribbean
T: +599 - 717 8444
mail:communications@stinapa.org
www.stinapa.org
www.facebook.com/bonaire.stinapa
Yes, there are STINAPA rules and there is the STINAPA practice.

Back
Top Bottom