Bonaire last minute tips

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Where is Hidden Beach?

If I told you it wouldn't be hidden... :rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

Okay you had to know that was coming...

---------- Post added June 28th, 2013 at 05:48 PM ----------

Restaurants:
Pasa Bon Pizza for the lion fish pizza.
Casablanca for the meat overload
Dive Sites:
Hidden Beach (in Shore Diving Made easy book available about every where on the island)
Margate Bay
Invisibles
Oil Slick Leap - just cuz its fun.

I generally put together a list of dive site combos for our group (I think we're taking 20 this time) and we are leaving in three weeks. If anyone is interested in the combos I have come up with lmk and I can post or pm it.

@Headers would be much appreciated... PM or post... Thx. :thumb:

---------- Post added June 28th, 2013 at 05:49 PM ----------

Heading out Saturday morning with 2 of my best dive buddies. Just got my nitrox certification and a Gopro ready to go. So pumped, and tips or recommendations for diving, food, etc would be much appreciated.

@ Thrilla is this your first trip?

Last edited:
Restaurants:
Pasa Bon Pizza for the lion fish pizza.
Casablanca for the meat overload
Dive Sites:
Hidden Beach (in Shore Diving Made easy book available about every where on the island)
Margate Bay
Invisibles
Oil Slick Leap - just cuz its fun.

I generally put together a list of dive site combos for our group (I think we're taking 20 this time) and we are leaving in three weeks. If anyone is interested in the combos I have come up with lmk and I can post or pm it.

Hey, Headers. You on island during the of week of July 20-27?

I have a group of 28 (29 including a young girl) staying at Windsock Beach Resort that week, and diving this time with Wanna Dive. @1/2 of our group is DNY from SB, and the other half is mostly non diver friends and family.

We always enjoy meeting up with other divers, and especially fellow SB.

Hidden Beach is just a bit south of Sweet Dreams. Nice sand beach but the entry is i would say moderate. The book gives a big description but my notes remind me to look for the sign with something about turtles on it after Sweet Dreams and turn there. U cant go wrong the whole area is awesome.

Gypsyjim, yes! My crew, Extreme Sports will be on island 20-27 staying at buddy dive. Always love to meet up with folks from SB!

Heading out Saturday morning with 2 of my best dive buddies. Just got my nitrox certification and a Gopro ready to go. So pumped, and tips or recommendations for diving, food, etc would be much appreciated.

What are "last minute tips" as opposed to tips you have already gotten? Since in a later post you explain that you're all set up for diving, including having booked boat trips, it sounds like you've already gotten tips. What else about the diving would you like to know, and perhaps we can answer more specifically?

As for food, it's a very small island (at least the populated parts where you'll be), and you will quickly run across the few places to eat that get mentioned over and over on SB, Tripadvisor, and elsewhere. We all have our favorites, I suppose. Personally, I'm a fan of Bobbejan's barbecue and the places out in the bush that serve goat stew for lunch (e.g., Maiky Snack). I have not been so impressed with some the white-tablecloth restaurants (e.g., It Rains Fishes). We checked some of those places out on our first trip to Bonaire (our honeymoon), and for subsequent trips have preferred to do most of our own cooking. You will no doubt find plenty of places to please your palate.

Back
Top Bottom