Bonaire - Nitrox desirable?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Actually, the Divi Dive at the Divi Flamingo has Nitrox course for $110 and includes 2 dives :)

I like that, might be the best deal. Our dives/tanks are already paid for, but my wife gets to meet another guy and I don't need to DM for two dives.

tnx don O

Nitrox cert is only $75 at Wannadive. At least it was in January '08 and in June '08. Great bunch of people too!

If you do nitrox dives on an air profile or even if you set your nitrox computer for a less than actual mix - especially five to six dives per day you must be mindful of the maximum operating depth (MOD) and your CNS clock.

There's more to it than just strapping it on and jumping in.

You still didn't say where you're staying or diving with. Here's a fancy deal that I saw at the dive shop next to Sand Dollar/Den Laman:

2379411WBon0307-NitroxSign001.jpg

Actually, the Divi Dive at the Divi Flamingo has Nitrox course for $110 and includes 2 dives :)

All that I can add is that you have gotten some very good advise from all the posters on this thread.

Grab the books at home and take the class in Bonaire. That island's diving is the best argument for Nitrox cert.

Thanks everyone for all the advise. I'm staying at the Deep Blue View they may be able to cert me right there.

Thanks everyone for all the advise. I'm staying at the Deep Blue View they may be able to cert me right there.

Nice choice of lodging! Deep Blue View is wonderful. Have you contacted Menno yet about the Nitrox Certification? He is very accommodating to his guests.

Put me on the side of going nitrox. I am a firm believer in better diving through chemistry. As a 40 something diver, I can tell a big difference between a week of nitrox diving and a week on air.

Get your nitrox crew pack (book and nitrox tables) from Leisure Pro here and do the exercises and just show up for the exam and check out dives down there. If you can't get the course on site at Deep Blue, (I think that is South by the Airport in Belnam) then Bonaire Dive and Adventure can hook you up. They are north out of town on the round about at Den Lamen.

We prefer to dive nitrox whenever possible, mostly for the safety factor of less nitrogen loading. On Bonaire we used nitrox exclusively and even if it hadn't been included in our price, we would have paid extra.

We prefer to dive nitrox whenever possible, mostly for the safety factor of less nitrogen loading. On Bonaire we used nitrox exclusively and even if it hadn't been included in our price, we would have paid extra.

Agree. If you have good air management skills then the extended bottom times available at mid to shallow levels of the reef at Bonaire are the perfect reason for Nitrox. Especially if you like to get a lot of dives into each day (and night)!

Nice choice of lodging! Deep Blue View is wonderful. Have you contacted Menno yet about the Nitrox Certification? He is very accommodating to his guests.

Thanks for the vote of confidence. Never stayed at a B&B before, usually we're "Sandals" type of travelers, so this will be a totally new experience.

Back
Top Bottom