Bonaire Review - a Dad & Son adventure..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great video!

Just had the time to check out your video. So happy you and your son had this shared experience. Enjoy each moment and Wishing you many many more. Sue

Lakeman,

Very nice - smooth. Was that first grouper up at Jeff Davis by any chance?

We stayed at the DiveHut, must have been there the week after you. Did you meet Artillo?

boat

Lakeman,

Very nice - smooth. Was that first grouper up at Jeff Davis by any chance?

We stayed at the DiveHut, must have been there the week after you. Did you meet Artillo?

boat

Thanks! I was asked the same question earlier - both of the big fellas featured were actually dwelling just north of Buddy's. Didn't meet Artillo, but had a couple nice visits with Roland & Irene.

Roland and Irene were great weren't they? I didn't get to see the Tropicana Apartments but we took a look around BonaireFun. I may try to stay in there next time - I really liked the courtyard.

Did you see any sharks? We saw one of them up at Jeff Davis too. Or at least my buddy did. I pretty much just saw its shadow in the distance.

Loved the video, I see what you mean about the large schools. I don't remember anything quite that large from our visit last June. My oldest son and I are going down in two weeks. Can't wait to try my new camera and get back in the water.

Loved the video, I see what you mean about the large schools. I don't remember anything quite that large from our visit last June. My oldest son and I are going down in two weeks. Can't wait to try my new camera and get back in the water.

Well I learned a couple things from a very knowledgeable diver on Bonairetalk regarding those large schools of Brown Chromies. I had asked why the Scrawled File Fish filmed toward the end were so unusually colorful, & he said that during massive egg laying cycles, like what we were seeing every day w/ the Brown Chromies, the File Fish feast on the eggs, & this tends to turn their coloration to a whiter background. This also explains why the School Masters were in such an aggressive "pack" darting in & out of the coral structure (one even gave me the "evil eye" right in the camera lens).

Not even a nurse shark. Yeah, BonaireFun & Tropicanna are very similar in size/apt. selections & both have nice, secure courtyards. BonaireFun has a festive "Mexican" theme, whereas Tropicanna, the more traditional Dutch look. I'd easily stay @ either one again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom