Bonaire shore diving made easy vs bonaire snorkeling guide

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Snorkeling in Bonaire is AMAZING. Just got back on the 8th. Andrea 1 and Andrea 2 - squid parrotfish, eels, turtles,tangs,etc etc. Bari Reef - also Bari Reef at night - Tarpon that folow you like puppies, lobsters, eels, sleeping Parrot fish - we use Ikelite mini C lights.Goto Karpata - Staghorn, elkhorn, Tubes, Squid that follow you around - Karpata can be windy/wavy so go on calm day - head against very small current and lightly drift back. Also 1000 Steps. Also Front Porch - just south of Bari .Can spend hours there watching and finding fish/eels. Dive site s are marked with a yellow rock by side of road.We there 10 days and almost never got out of the water ( my 12- year old and I ). I'm a diver but only snorkeling with my kid twice already in Bonaire and going back next summer. Every fish divers see we saw, btw, don't bother boating to Klein - all can be seen on main island. Pasa Bon Pizza is delish, Warehouse Foods for groceries, Cutimara for pastries/breads (go early in day) Bobbi Jans take-away on weekends. Try snorkeling Lac Bay but only if calm. Bonaire is like an aquarium. WIsh I could figure out a way to move there. Grab little brochures/guides at airport,etc. that will mark snorkeling areas. Winter will be windier than calm summer. We go in water around 9:00, come back relax eat, go back out around 16:00. then at night around 20:00 unless we are comatose. As you can tell I miss Bonaire . We wore skins ,2.5mm Shorties, booties, do-rags.

how many of these books should I buy? Since I assume it would be taken from my truck every time I go on a shore dive. Should I bring 3 or 4 to a truck and put a sign to take only 1 book so that I will still have a book for the rest of the dives that day. Or maybe just rip the pages from the book on the dives I have planned, nobody steals loose pages of paper.

Hi Galen and Nicole:

Thanks for making improvements to your Bonaire Snorkeling Guide ebook -- especially the ranking system. Now how can I get them into my only 4 month old edition so I can use them next year??? :D

Lwang: Since I've read some of your inquiries on other threads here, I'd say Cultimara should definitely stock up on Troll Food before your arrival.:dork2:

Lwang: Since I've read some of your inquiries on other threads here, I'd say Cultimara should definitely stock up on Troll Food before your arrival.:dork2:

I'd say that one was uncalled for.

how many of these books should I buy? Since I assume it would be taken from my truck every time I go on a shore dive. Should I bring 3 or 4 to a truck and put a sign to take only 1 book so that I will still have a book for the rest of the dives that day. Or maybe just rip the pages from the book on the dives I have planned, nobody steals loose pages of paper.
I haven't seen your other posts, so I don't know if this was a serious inquiry or tongue-in-cheek. So I'll answer as though it is serious. :idk: We have taken the Shore Diving Made Easy book with us on probably 80+ dives on Bonaire, and have not had it stolen. Nor anything else. *knock on wood* Yes, it could be, sure. And I should probably transfer my personal notes from the book margins into electronic format, in case it is stolen on some future trip (which is pretty unlikely at this point, since the cover has fallen off and it's looking awfully ratty).

But I would only buy one book. If by chance it is stolen, most dive shops have a copy you can borrow.

I'd say that one was uncalled for.

Really? Reread his post again...then reread this thread and tell me where truck breakins are discussed (and not by me!) ... then do a search for his other comments on this forum and then tell me if he was just 'being funny' or is truly off the wall or just obsessed with having a break-in....I stand by my initial comment.

Wen,

I've seen his posts - he may tend to overthink things but he's not the only one worried about the truck break-ins on Bonaire. Calling someone a troll can be taken as a pretty serious insult on this board. I suggest it's not a good idea for someone with 9 posts and a June 2011 "join date" to start throwing that term around. Next thing you know, people will be questioning your motives for posting.

Sorry. I certainly won't use that word again. His post on this thread was so off the wall and that combined with his 'overthinking' on another thread led me to a conclusion that I probably should not have openly expressed. Having said that, however, my 8 other posts should make my motivation for joining this board (and actively participating rather than lurking) patently clear. I may be a newbie to this board, but I am not a newbie to Bonaire and am quite aware of the truck break-in problem. It's been ongoing for at least the over 20 years that I've been going to the island. Now, if you don't mind and can put away your :no:, I'd like to get back to the heretofore informative discussion on this thread which has to do with the guides used for shorediving and snorkeling on the island.

Wen,

I've seen his posts - he may tend to overthink things but he's not the only one worried about the truck break-ins on Bonaire. Calling someone a troll can be taken as a pretty serious insult on this board. I suggest it's not a good idea for someone with 9 posts and a June 2011 "join date" to start throwing that term around. Next thing you know, people will be questioning your motives for posting.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom