Bonaire Trip 2005

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bonaire this past year did not get hit directly by any hurricane, but we could tell a difference in the underwater conditions this year versus last year. The sand had shifted and was covering a lot of the coral, and I felt that the viz was a litte less compared to 2003.

Like Natasha said, it did rain Sunday morning but it did not deter from our afternoon dive plans.

All in all, you can't beat the diving.

Come join us, you will have a good time.

Natasha:
Please send deposits to and Make checks out to:

Coast to Coast Travel
133 N Friendswood Drive
Suite 308
Friendswood, Texas

Let me know when anyone mails a deposit, and I will post here when I receive it.
Thanks!

Dropped deposit for Cheng and me in the mail this morning ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Thanks Bob! I'll let you know when I get it. :)

Natasha

Can a similiar package be made available with a rental vehicle rather than the boat dives? It is the Carabbean's top shore dive destination.

Thanks

Yes, that isn't a problem. But, have you been there? The reason we use the boat, is to go to Klein Bonaire more then anywhere else, since it can only be reached by boat.

Natasha:
Yes, that isn't a problem. But, have you been there? The reason we use the boat, is to go to Klein Bonaire more then anywhere else, since it can only be reached by boat.

No, have not been there but planning a trip next fall. But from what I have read of Bonaire, I'm much more attracted to the DIY shore diving. Got to check with wife/buddy & I'll get back with you.

Thanks.

You may want both ... most vacationers rent extended-cab pickups with tank racks in the back. We typically did our boat dives in the morning, our shore dives (using the truck) in the afternoon, and our dives off the dock in the evening/night. Best of all worlds.

Agree with Natasha that, generally speaking, the sites on Klein Bonaire are some of the best. Also, you'll want to do sites like 1000 Steps, Dania's Leap, Rappel, Hilma Hooker, and Angel City from a boat. Many of these can be reached from shore, but not easily ... and they're awesome sites!

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I agree with Bob! The best way to do the Hilma Hooker and others including Karpata would be by boat.
We rented a jeep just one of the days to play around the island.

tinylia:
Hi!

I'd be interested. I'm a woman, and I'd be by myself. Would love to share room to save more $$ :->

I just received Nancy's check. Are you still thinking of being her roommate tinylia?

Back
Top Bottom