Bonaire - Trip Report (6/12-6/21/09)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great trip, and though I just returned from Bonaire a week ago, after spending 2 weeks, June 7 thru the 21st, I'm envious of those of you that are planning or counting the days you'll be there.

The weather was perfect and the diving just wonderful. This was my 5th trip to Bonaire. I usually stay on the water, but the Black Durgon was closed the weeks I would be there. Stayed off the water a block in, it was ok, but preference will always be on the water.

Used Wanna Dive operation for our tanks. The Wanna Dive operators were just great. Did a boat dive to Klein. Would use there services again.

Used AB rental for our truck again, no problem.

Only problem is I want to go back and I want to go back NOW.

Barb & Rick

Can't wait for our next trip! Does anyone know if Papaya Moon is still open and serving Tex Mex style food? We loved that place on our last trip. Only 48 days until 2 weeks in Bonaire!

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but the Papaya Moon is no longer. I was in Bonaire in June and they were totally tearing down the inside and renovating the building. It was basically gutted. Doesn't resemble anything when we left there June 21.
I ate there last summer and enjoyed the food too.

Scubajeanie..The Papaya Moon moved to their new site at Harbour Village. We wanted to try them in March but they had not yet reopened, but it's on our list for sure (in a bit less than 4 weeks but who's counting). We'll be down for 2 weeks like you. We may see you there! Love Tex Mex.

Great report! I"ll be going on my first Bonaire trip July 18- 24. I am hyped!!! I have not read a bad report about Bonaire. We'll be staying at Buddy Dive.

You will love Bonaire and Buddy Dive. My preferred locale.

Look around Buddy's Pier for "my" scorpion fish. Named him "Harley" a couple of years ago. He was still there after Omar. Asl John or Susie at the Photo Center about him.

Enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom