Bonaire's travel update

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi @homerdoc

How are you getting down? I would certainly be interested in how your trip goes.

We fly on AA through Miami. Due to flight changes well before Covid-19, we must stay a night at the Miami Airport Hotel on the way down and on the way back. I am as concerned with our hotel stays as I am about being on Bonaire. We cook nearly all (probably all this time) meals. We will not use the rinse tubs on the Sand Dollar/Den Laman pier for our masks or regulators.

The same thing happened to us. We were supposed to be on a red eye from Phx to Bonaire and are now departing a day earlier with a 13 hr layover overnight in Miami. We aren’t going until July!

Totally unconfirmed.

Some additional level of travel ban is rumored to be implemented on Monday.

People on island are trying to get off. People not yet on from the us, not expecting to be able to go next Saturday.

I just broke the news to my family, I think it is like zero chance we go to bonaire 2 weeks from now. Will work on rebooking etc. Spring break will be wakeboarding wakesurfing vs diving.

I did see some good news on the internet.

The world heath organization in Italy has determined that canines are not a carrier. They can all come off of quarantine.

In other words, "WHO let the dogs out!"

The problem of course , is that some do not follow guidelines or recommendations and short of shutting the entire island down, it is very hard to stop the spread. Sometimes, all it takes is one bad apple...
https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/jetblue-passenger-banned-coronavirus-trnd/index.html
JetBlue bans passenger who notified crew after landing that he'd tested positive for coronavirus

Who else thinks that the punishment should be somewhat greater than never being able to fly on JetBlue again?

Who else thinks that the punishment should be somewhat greater than never being able to fly on JetBlue again?

Hi chilly,

Good point. I think that all airlines should ban this person from their planes, and for life. Furthermore, the airlines should name this person and show his/her picture. The airlines should be immune from libel and slander for these actions.

@Angelo farina has posted about an "active" person who was designated as infector #1 in Italy. He transmitted Wuhan Virus to many, many people, and was key in starting the crisis in Italy. To some extent, it probably would have happened anyway, but not as fast.

cheers,
m

I'm very sorry to say that my wife and I have cancelled our April 3-17 trip to Bonaire, we are both very sad. The decision was made not only directly due to the Coronavirus pandemic, but, because of personal risk factors. My wife is still recovering from a respiratory illness that exacerbated her underlying asthma and we are both in our later 60s.

American Airlines, Den Laman, Dive Friends, and AB Car Rental have all agreed to apply our payments to a future visit, later this year.

Best of luck to all of you with your travel and diving plans

I'm very sorry to say that my wife and I have cancelled our April 3-17 trip to Bonaire, we are both very sad. The decision was made not only directly due to the Coronavirus pandemic, but, because of personal risk factors. My wife is still recovering from a respiratory illness that exacerbated her underlying asthma and we are both in our later 60s.

American Airlines, Den Laman, Dive Friends, and AB Car Rental have all agreed to apply our payments to a future visit, later this year.

Best of luck to all of you with your travel and diving plans
Bummer. Discretion and Valor, and all that.
I'll be there (Buddy Dive) with two groups, Aug 22-29 and Aug 29-Sep 5. I hope.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom