Bonne Terre Mine Trip report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice write up and description. I live up the road in St. Louis, have been diving 10 yrs, overhead trained and I have yet to dive BTM. I have heard stories all over the place, but I know several quality divers that enjoy diving there. As mentioned earlier, we have several options for diving. I guess I am going to have to go for myself someday.

One thing for sure I have never heard before was that there was any chance of doing any decompression diving there. Not sure I'd ever spend the money to get to that stage, but still interesting to read.

Actually of all the BTM threads I have seen, this one is one of the most objective and informative I have seen.

Just recently joined the forum but thought I would weigh in with some of the observations my roommate made when he (OW with maybe 10 dives) and his father (working on PADI Divemaster with a sizable log book) went there. The first thing they noticed was the lack of training or preparation for diving in those quarters. The lack of diving experience allowed in was a concern as one of the other divers panicked in a dark (only given glow sticks), tight area and managed to grab the regulator by the air hose and pull it out of my roommates mouth, he managed to find it and not panic but a major issue when diving in darkness and people panic enough to put other divers at risk. Also, avoid the water getting in your mouth, my roommates dad took a sample and tested it, only 13 times the acceptable level of lead for drinking water.

Really! They assured us that there was NO lead in the water. Of course they also told is they had never had a fatal acident...

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom