Booked Blackbeard today

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bennedc

Contributor
Reaction score
I booked a weeklong trip for me and my husband to Bahamas on Blackbeard today for June 3-9. Anyone going? I'm really looking forward to it! I wish the plane tickets weren't so much. 25% of the trip cost is for plane tickets! Can you believe I got them cheaper off Delta's website rather that Travelocity or any of the other sites! I wish I could just move to the Carribean and stay. Counting down the days until the trip! I can't wait! Anyone been recently? Just wondering if anything new is going on and how the trip went.

i went with blackbeard the first week of december, my first live aboard, i was impressed, very well run trip with great diving. I did hear they were moving from Miami to Grand Bahamas, has that happened yet, maybe a ways off. Anyway the crew was great captain paul, dm danyell, danyells boyfriend?, izzy, mike, great crew. Pirates Lady I think was the boat. Anyway have lots of fun. And yes just posted regarding airfare, am going to Utila in April what a nightmare with airfare prices, I am in Idaho and that is just wrong to half to fly.

They have moved to Freeport, so instead of driving from Alabama to Miami, we fly to Freeport and board there. It's a trade-off. No rough seas since there's no crossing over to the Bahamas from Miami and an extra day's diving (start diving Sat. afternoon instead of Sunday) for a plane ticket to Freeport.

The Juliet is a 3-masted schooner that takes 12 divers. She sails out of Miami and goes to the Cay Sal Banks area. My cost for our June trip is $1240 per person.

I thought it was a great alternative to Blackbeard. Especially since we all get our own private cabin. Plus no airfare to the Bahamas (or anywhere else for that matter since I used miles).

Airline prices are insane these days.

My wife and I will be boarding the Juliet in late April, and we chose this boat for a number of reasons. I have heard nothing but good things about her, and they really seem to run a class operation. I like the individual staterooms, and am impressed with their special water entry platform. The Miami location does not hurt either. ( They spend the winters running out of Providenciales, and airfare to the Virgin Islands is a little daunting:shocked: ) It is too bad about Blackbeard moving all their operations to Nassau, but I guess it was inevitable, seeing as how their Aquacat and Cat Pplau are both based there. I wish there was a cheaper way of getting there, though. I understand that the big hovercraft shuttle runs from Florida to Grand Bahama Island, but not to Freeport yet?:06: Woody

My wife and I were aboard Blackbeards 12/28/05 - 1/5/06. We did our open water certification on this trip and were certified at Rainbow reef on day 3 in the morning. We did 19 dives on the trip including 2 shark dives, 3 night dives, 1 drift dive and many more. We were aboard the Morning Star and the crew was outstanding. Grayson - Cpt, Drew Dive master, Kevin, Ran, Tom and Red - Leslie was along as boat mascot. The food was great, the air temps were 80 - 90 and water temps were 75 - 80. We dove in 3-5mill full suits, booties and gloves, no hood was needed. We were the first charter to leave from the new location at Port Lucaya in Freeport. The folks were still getting settled in. The crew said we were lucky with the weather as it was sunny every day and no rough water or heavy winds. We could see the bottom as 45 feet from on the boat. I would definitely recommend the trip and plan to return as soon as possible!
Torcatdog

WOODMAN:
It is too bad about Blackbeard moving all their operations to Nassau, but I guess it was inevitable, seeing as how their Aquacat and Cat Pplau are both based there. I wish there was a cheaper way of getting there, though. I understand that the big hovercraft shuttle runs from Florida to Grand Bahama Island, but not to Freeport yet?:06: Woody

Blackbeards moved there op to Freeport on Grand Bahama, not Nassau(new providence). Theres a whole thread on this topic, just search for it. Whats the deal with this hovercraft shuttle? Once your in the bahamas and you want to get around to the out islands you can take the mailboat which departs from Nassau to just about every island in the bahamas. I think its like 30 bucks one way, but you better have plenty of time, because I think to get to some of the more remote islands it takes 2-3 days to get there.

We went with them but on the Cat Ppalu in November and were well treated and they worked hard to accomadate us and give us the type of diving we wanted.

Which was a lot of diving.

scubamickey:
The Juliet is a 3-masted schooner that takes 12 divers. She sails out of Miami and goes to the Cay Sal Banks area. My cost for our June trip is $1240 per person.

I thought it was a great alternative to Blackbeard. Especially since we all get our own private cabin. Plus no airfare to the Bahamas (or anywhere else for that matter since I used miles).

Airline prices are insane these days.

Got a link for these guys? Wouldn't mind checking them out!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom