Booked Blackbeard today

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

www.sailjuliet.com

I should add that they book fast. I emailed them back in September for a June cruise and they were booked. But they put me in contact with the Arizona Dive ship that had booked the ship for the week we wanted and they gave us 2 seats. In fact, they still have 6 open. Juliet said it happens all the time and they can always get you on if you can be flexible about the dates.

I thought I was being premature trying to book in Sept. Boy was I wrong :)

WOODMAN:
( They spend the winters running out of Providenciales, and airfare to the Virgin Islands is a little daunting:shocked: )
just an aside, should you decide to do the other itinerary sometime, Providenciales is not in the Virgin Islands...

Providenciales is for their Turks and Caicos cruises.

You what is interesting...The Juliet never advertises in any dive magazine. I subscribe to Sport Diver and Scuba Diving and they never buy any space there. I don't even see them listed in other places like websites that supposedly list all liveaboards. So they must depend on word of mouth and lucky Google hits.

I wonder if the dive shops get any flyers from them? It is certainly a well kept, inexpensive, secret.

Al Mialkovsky:
We went with them but on the Cat Ppalu in November and were well treated and they worked hard to accomadate us and give us the type of diving we wanted.

Which was a lot of diving.
I agree..I did the Cat Ppalu last Feb and they were awesome. We did 20 dives on the trip which they said at the time was the most they had done on a cruise. We had so much fun on our last trip, we are booking with them for next Feb. I'd like to try and beat our record. We can probably do it, as we didn't get to dive on Saturday due to waiting for lost luggage and a rough crossing to Eleuthra and could pull off a couple of dives Friday morning instead of the trip to see the lizards. I recommend them to everyone. They go the extra mile for you.
C-Dawg

Taking only 12 passengers at a time, advertising isn't cost effective in most cases. With 50 weeks in a year (assuming some down time and repositioning), 600 customers PER YEAR. How much can you spend to attract a customer? and keep your rates low.

I went with Blackbeard's on Jan. 6th 2006 and it was a blast. 19 dives + snorkeling/freediving/spear fishing, deep sea fishing and a great crew. It was on the Morningstar. Some of the highlights were 16 reef sharks: 9 on the feeding dive, 6 on another, and 1 on the last dive, HUGE leatherback turtles, Nurse shark, 4 night dives and the captain found a whole slew of bullets by the Sapona and gave everyone one as a souveneir. The stop at Bimini was awesome also. I don't think you will be able to find a better live-aboard for even twice the price.

That was a great report. Does anyone else have a recent trip report to share? I CANNOT WAIT TO GO! June 3-9.

I did a Blackbeards cruise in 1991. It was one of the most memorable trips I have ever had. It was a total blast. My Aunt, Uncle and I still talk about that trip.The diving was spectacular and everyone on the boat got along well. I ended up doing most of my dives with some college students out of Kentucky.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom