Books on digital UW photography

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You can couple the JC composition book with his essentials of Nikon cameras and UW photography, that will give you the real ins and outs of fstops, shutters etc

Also, Michael Aw put out a book on digital UW photography that also deals with all that stuff (i think) but i haven't seen it.

www.michaelaw.com i think, or just google his name

MIke

I've seen the Aw book - it's OK...some of it is straight out of JC with the names changed. Save your money, IMHO.

But the Nikons book is great (JC)...just coz we're digital now doesn't change the rules (well, the guidelines...and it doesn't change the basics much!)

I like the Michael Aw book, it's a good intro, it's cheap and it's a nice size so it fits easily into a dive bag for reference. The pages are colour coded to allow you find what you're looking for a bit easier.
Mathieu Meur who co-authors it also wrote the PADI speciality on digital photography.

I have the Michael Aw book and found it very interesting. Simple explanation giving you a very good bese to learn and to approach the UW photography...

- An Essential Guide to Digital Underwater photography from Michael Aw

Now I just ordered from Amazon those two below books. Let see.

- Jim Church's Essential Guide to Composition : A Simplified Approach to Taking Better
Underwater Pictures

- The Essential Underwater Photography: A Guide To Creative Techniques And Key
Equipment

Back
Top Bottom