Books on shark dive or sharks in general

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

warrenbuffet

Registered
Reaction score
Hi guys, i just got my OW certificate from PADI and would love to get a chance to dive with big marine animals like sharks, whales, dolphins, mola mola, rays..etc

Was wondering if anyone could recommend a good book on shark diving or sharks in general - like how to identify different sharks, stories of diver's encounter, and most of all, the behavior of a shark, so i can know the signs of an aggressive shark.

Does shark diving require the advance ow certificate or can i do them with only a ow certificate? If so does anyone know of any good locations for them?

I live on the east coast in massachusetts and would love to find a place where i can do my first shark dive. Let me know what you guys think. Great board by the way.

HOW ABOUT A SUBSCRIPTION TO SHARK DIVER MAGAZINE?
Shameless Plug! Sorry Guys...

the shark watcher's handbook by mark carwadine is a good book, a must read for all shark diving enthusiasts. Or check Andy Murch's site. He has a huge listing of shark books you may find of interest. www.elasmodiver.com

cheers and welcome to the diving world!

Eli Publisher
Shark Diver Magazine
www.sharkdivermag.com

I know asking you about your magazine i'm bound to get a bias opinion, but i'm going to ask it anyway. How many pages does the magazine usually comes in and what do you guys usually talk about in them. Like what sort of topics.

It's about $16... for 6 issues right? also could you tell me what's usually in the newsletter? i've signed up for it but haven't confirmed to the emails yet.

-mike

SharkDiverMag:
HOW ABOUT A SUBSCRIPTION TO SHARK DIVER MAGAZINE?
Shameless Plug! Sorry Guys...

the shark watcher's handbook by mark carwadine is a good book, a must read for all shark diving enthusiasts. Or check Andy Murch's site. He has a huge listing of shark books you may find of interest. www.elasmodiver.com

cheers and welcome to the diving world!

Eli Publisher
Shark Diver Magazine
www.sharkdivermag.com

here are two recomendations, books with great images.

"shark" by mark carwardine / firefly (not sure if it is the same that isurus recommend)
"the encyclopedia of sharks" by steve and jane parker / firefly
i got these books as birthday present. they´re awsome.
regards.

warrenbuffet:
Hi guys, i just got my OW certificate from PADI and would love to get a chance to dive with big marine animals like sharks, whales, dolphins, mola mola, rays..etc

Was wondering if anyone could recommend a good book on shark diving or sharks in general - like how to identify different sharks, stories of diver's encounter, and most of all, the behavior of a shark, so i can know the signs of an aggressive shark.

Does shark diving require the advance ow certificate or can i do them with only a ow certificate? If so does anyone know of any good locations for them?

I live on the east coast in massachusetts and would love to find a place where i can do my first shark dive. Let me know what you guys think. Great board by the way.

Amen, it's one of the best books---tells you everything you wanted to know about sharks but didn't know who to ask!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom