books

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kayla

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I was reading through some other posts, and I have seen that some of you guys have read the book Deep Descent............. I myself read it, and enjoyed it. What did you guys think of it? I also have read the book The Last Dive, and enjoyed that too.... anybody read that one?

Kayla:)

Both good books. By learning of the mistakes of others, we learn to stay alive.

Tom

yep, I agree. we do learn from the mistakes of others. too bad they all had to be such great guys....... maybe some of the best

I've read The Last Dive and really enjoyed it. I've since passed it on to almost a dozen divers since, and the response has been similar - " eye opening and valuable lessons learned". Too right, learning from the mistakes of others is a vital part of our moving forward as a human race.
As for Deep Descent, I'm waiting for it to come out in paperback (which is probably happened already) to lighten the load on my very thin wallet. Looking forward to that.
...HHmmm.....now who does have my copy of The Last Dive?

If you enjoyed The Last Dive, you will enjoy Deep Descent. I wish I could help you find your book, but I have no idea. It is very easy to learn from others mistakes, but changing our ways is the hardest part of learning. I'm looking for another good book to read now.... have any suggestions?:)

Originally posted by Kayla
If you enjoyed The Last Dive, you will enjoy Deep Descent.
When I met Bernie Chowdhury and Kevin McMurray, I made a point to tell them both how excellent their books where. They both said "I'm glad you enjoyed it", to which I replied "I'm not really sure 'enjoyed' is the right word" :)

I'm looking for another good book to read now.... have any suggestions?:)

One of the next ones on my list is "Submerged" by Daniel Lenihan which I picked up at a book signing at Beneath the Sea. He pointed to a couple of chapters in particular that cold water divers will find facinating.

Another couple on my list [that I don't have yet] are "The Rapture of the Deep" by Michael Zinsley, "Down Time" edited by Ed Kittrell, as well as looking for a couple of Gary Gentile's books and Jarrod Jablonski's "Doing it Right" book...

awesome!! I will have to try the books out! they sound pretty good. once you finish them, could you tell me if you enjoyed them, if you wouldnt mind. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom