booster pump

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

randy76

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
just finished my booster pump. can fill argon 6 from 500 to 3000 in 2 pumps:D

Attachments

• argon press.jpg
    argon press.jpg
    205.4 KB · Views: 346
that is great! Princess Auto?

have any specs on your build?

i would like to hear mor of your booster pump any chance of getting the drawings, i would like to build on myself

the unit is all princesses auto. i used a 12 ton press that ive had for about 6 years changed the bolts and slider pins to grade 8 i changed to the 20 ton air jack they were on sale. The pump cylinder is a 2.5 x 12 3000 psi unit. i needed to make a bolt for the bottom seal retainer on the rod as there was a lot of head room on compression its a lathed piece with a thread inside a nut with no flats the rod end of the cylinder has a plug in it some add a breather to it no need as air compresses anyways keeps it clean inside base end i added a T that has a check valve on each side and a needle valve on the input side. i have since removed the checks and added valves both sides as they had some back flow and air ones were not on hand. just open valves open cylinder to be filled then open your argon and let of jack after every thing has balanced out close input valve to pump and run jack if you hit bottom before your pressure close output and open jack and input valve after equalize close input and jack till pressure is same as first press then open output and press till full. I used all hydralic fittings and hoses rated for 5k plus all parts have been o2 cleaned, cylinder was polished cleaned and lubed with cristolube. it can pump o2 but takes a while for larger tanks I fill a 20 cf argon bottle to 2k takes 10 min i use a nitrox stick on the compressor for nitrox and the press for argon and helium pp fills

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom